Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stupid question, but ... I have the steeda firewall adjuster and was wondering how you lock it down. Over the last week I have noticed it getting harder to put my car into gear. I finally poped the hood and noticed my firewall adjuster needed readjusted. I just want to make sure I get it "set" so it will not come unadjusted again. I assumed you tighten the middle silver dial against the firewall wall, but am unsure how well this will keep the outside dial that is attached to the bolt the goes into the firewall from moving. Anyway, hope that makes some sense.

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
325 Posts
The one we put on 3613 (a Steeda like yours) didn't _have_ the allen head set screw in it that's supposed to lock it. The directions (you can root around on the Steeda site for them) showed that that this screw wasn't necessary, as if it was broken/missing you could just put some locktite on the treads. Of course, that doesen't explain how mine (and maybe yours) got sent out without the screw ever being drilled for /installed.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I put just a little bit of silicone sealant on the threads and then adjusted it. It hasn't moved, but I will still be able to adjust it if needed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts