Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On 3/9/2008 I read that JJZ_109 had clutch chatter when letting the clutch out at idle.

I would be interested to know what the fix was?

I took my 08 bullitt 4190 for its first oil change at 1400 miles. I mentioned the clutch chatter to the service manager. When the tech pulled the car in the shop the service manager heard it. To make a long story short, they ordered a new clutch and pressure plate. I have not had this work done yet. I'm nervous about having my new car torn apart and put back together. I'm curious if anyone else has had this work done - and what has the outcome been?

The chatter doesn't bother me much, I can get by it... but the car is still under warranty.

Thanks!

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Well, the car was in nothing-BUT pieces long-before it was ever a "car". If you trust your Dealer and his Tech (for this, at least), there should be no problems.

The clutch-chatter will never get any better, and depending on what's causing it - may eventually fail quietly or spectacularly.

Yeah, there are things to fear at the Dealer - my first visit back for 2954's first Service, we'd been there all of 3 minutes when a Tech backed-into it with another customer's car and punched a 3"x3" hole in the bumper that is yet to be fixed, over two months later.............(in the SERVICE LINE, no less!)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Have it looked at while it is under warranty. The last thing you want is to be out of warranty and need service work you are not comfortable doing yourself. The benifit the dealer has is that they have all of the tech bullitins on how the car was built, and how it comes apart.

Think of this also- the '08 and '09 Bullitts are based off of the '5 and newer Mustang GTs, so they are very easy to work on, and probably not the first time your dealer has needed to work on the clutch in one. It might be different if you had a Ford GT!

And no, that statement is not to devalue ANY Bullitt, just a little perspective!

·
Charles
13,303 Posts

Welcome Rangerman.

Since we're in the '01 section you might find the answers here differ a little than in the '08 section since the operation of the clutch is different. Cable for the 2001 versus hydraulic for the 2008.

My '08 had a little chatter when new. It also chatters a little when I let it sit for a week or so. It quickly goes away for me. The chatter reminds me of when I had a new Spec clutch in the '01.

I agree with Scott regarding the dealer. Do you trust them?

What exactly did the dealer say it was? I've had a few spirited bursts and a few trips down the track and it seems to be holding up well. I think part of the problem for me is the pedal effort is so easy and that it seems to release very low compared to my '01.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Charles,
The mechanic took it for a test drive (which he didn't need to do because as soon as you let the clutch out you can feel the chatter). When he returned I waited a while and asked if my car was all set. Unfortunately, I was told by the service manager that they had to order parts. They ordered a flywheel, pressure plate, clutch disc and a part for the hydraulic clutch. It's scheduled to be repaired on Sept 22. I trust the mechanic but the car is so tight I hate to take it apart. My friends tell me "it's a Mustang not a Ferrari".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts