Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 bullitt, and 07 v6, and have driven an 06 GT. All STD but for some reason the clutch grab is so much smoother on the bullitt compared to the others?? any difference in drivetrain to make this so? I know they make an aftermarket hydraulic throwout bearing, but I don't think Ford would put that in from the factory, :redface: just wondering what it was. Maybe it's just me, or I was only wearing my right shoe when driving the v6 and gt... :confused:

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Hello Julio....welcome aboard it is a great ride. I agree, I was greatly impressed with the smoothness of the clutch and while some have complained about it, I am also impressed with the shifter. Mine is smooth and solid. Just shift smooth and quick but it you try to slam it, is does not cooperate very well.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
dhg281alloy242stangs said:
I have an 08 bullitt, and 07 v6, and have driven an 06 GT. All STD but for some reason the clutch grab is so much smoother on the bullitt compared to the others?? any difference in drivetrain to make this so? I know they make an aftermarket hydraulic throwout bearing, but I don't think Ford would put that in from the factory, :redface: just wondering what it was. Maybe it's just me, or I was only wearing my right shoe when driving the v6 and gt... :confused:
Hey "Julio",

Welcome to IMBOC !!!!!!!!!!!

and Yes the Clutch is very Smooth .........

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
HUGE difference with the new Bullitt. It is SO much nicer than my 05 was.......And as far as banging gears......Last weekend I actually shocked myself when I got a third gear chirp from the Bullitt.......:eek: :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
I agree, smoooth engagement.

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
I've got almost 10,000 miles on my 08 and still think the clutch is smooth as silk.

So good in fact it makes my '78 Porsche 928 feel like I’m driving a Mack truck.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that's a lot of miles, but if I didn't have the sixxer, I'd make the bullitt my daily driver, it's just so much fun! and I read that article where car and driver agreed on it's exceptional clutch, but their test vehicle was one of the first ones made so it had a different serial number, I think it included a "P" in there somewhere. The first ones are usually different, just wondering. ex. The first 5 Shelby GT's had the stock GT bumper then all the rest got the usual one with flat black surrounding the bottom.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts