Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've notice a noise when in neutral with the clutch out. When I put the clutch to the floor it stops. This seems to only occur when the car is cold. Is this the throwout bearing making this noise. Should I take it in to the dealer?

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've noticed thisnoise with mine. Sounds more like the input or counter gear bearings .Since this is a new trans for mustangs I'll just wait and see if it gets louder.But a trip to the dealer would be the only way to tell if you've got the same problem.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad to hear I am not by myself on this one. I want to make a correction to my earlier post. The noise is louder when the car is cold but it is still their after the car gets hot. Just a bit softer.

John

·
Registered
586 Posts
No, I don't think it's the throwout bearing. From my understanding, the throwout bearing makes noise when the clutch is engaged and the engine is running, regardless of what gear you're in. I've taken to heart the advice of another 'stanger that says it's best not to wait at traffic lights with the clutch engaged. Now I put in in neutral and let the clutch go if I'm waiting for a while in traffic.

Now I'll see if this new theory wrecks my shifts! Fords gets us one way or another -

1 - 7 of 7 Posts