Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having the pedal covers come off? Only at 1100miles here.. They got bad glue or something?

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
my brake cover has come off TWICE now!!
once in traffic and it almost caused me to wreck!!! can't seem to get anyone at dealer or Ford interested though. guess i'll have to actually wreck 1st!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
When I purchased my Bullitt both the gas pedal and the clutch pedal were off. Personally I did not care but after 2 weeks they did fix my car. The gas petal they took off another bullitt since it took for ever for them to order one. I wonder what number it was??? Hmmm.

Since the gad petal is the entire unit, all I had to press the gas down was the stick that goes behind it. I wanted that bullitt so bad I did not care. When i did get it fixed it sure was weird driving. Since I was used to the tiny stick.

The things I do for my car. :razz:

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
ok, sorry for my sarcasm
the ONLY time it really bothers me is when it's wet out and the wet soles of my shoes are pushing a bare metal brake pedal. i can feel my foot/shoe slipping around on the pedal sometimes!

2001 Bullitt DHG #648
Ford Racing Alum. Driveshaft
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, K & N Filter,
MGW LTD-All custom Satin Bullitt Bits & Pieces

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-10-11 17:10 ]</font>

·
Registered
340 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-11 17:09, mystang99 wrote:
ok, sorry for my sarcasm
the ONLY time it really bothers me is when it's wet out and the wet soles of my shoes are pushing a bare metal brake pedal. i can feel my foot/shoe slipping around on the pedal sometimes!

2001 Bullitt DHG #648
Ford Racing Alum. Driveshaft
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, K & N Filter,
MGW LTD-All custom Satin Bullitt Bits & Pieces

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-10-11 17:10 ]</font>
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Its all good, we know you meant good intentions. This is the best place to talk about your problems/concerns. :grin:

·
Registered
119 Posts
My brake pad came off. When I looked at it there was a split in the rubber. They replaced it with a new one.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Both my brake and my clutch pedals have come off 4 times since I bought the car. (August 3rd). Anyway to make sure they stay on? Maybe brackets or something? The dealership doesn't give a crap about it.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
J's, it might be time to get some aftermarket pedals(NOT pedal covers like we have) that's what i'm thinking about doing since my dealer also doesn't seem to care that Ford's pedal cover comes off while i'm driving it and could cause a wreck!!
make them order you a whole new set from Ford 1st. then if if you're not happy,......get better ones.
i'll let you know if i decde to get them!

·
Registered
959 Posts
If it becomes a problem, and it hasn't yet on #66, I'll just drill 2 holes in each and add some stainless flat top fasteners to them and the problem will be solved. Many aftermarket pedal pads do the same.

Brian

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
thanks brian! now i remember that you or someone else had suggested that in the past but i had forgotten!

·
Registered
260 Posts
thanks for the help. I think I found someone that is going to fasten them on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts