Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im considering a new clutch....this one feels like it may be getting a little worn...should i go with a stock ford one or what? any suggestions on good ones? i like how this one (stock) feels and wouldnt mind another one but ive seen the king cobras, spec and all. my car doesnt need anything crazy, it just has headers, hpipe and 4.10 gears. Just wondering what you guys think and prefer.....any suggestions are welcome

·
Registered
301 Posts
03 04 cobra clutches seem to be a nice upgrade for a bolt on gt or bullitt or whatever you may have. supposed to be far more reliable than centerforce or spec equivalents..

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
I thought that we had a 6 bolt crank and the cobra had 8? Seems more cost effective to either get OEM stock (GT) replacement or aftermarket made for 6 bolt cranks, instead of changing out the crank to fit the cobra clutch...or am I wrong???

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
DFX is more of a race clutch. DF is more of a high performance street/strip clutch. The DF is supposed to have a very light pedal pressure. I just bought one but have not had it installed yet. I also bought a new FRPP nodular flywheel, TOB and pilot bearing. My flywheel has been turn once so I thought I would replace it as well.

The stock clutch should work fine if you're fairly stock. I am but thought I would try the DF. I have a Spec Stage 1 right now and hate it.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I think stock will continue to work well with your car. Its plenty beefy from the factory, 11" I think. There are a few SC cars making pretty good power on this forum and still running the factory clutch/trans.

·
Registered
301 Posts
the clutch is not 6 or 8 bolt.... thats the flywheel and has nothin to do with the clutch.. the cobra clutch feels like stock and takes plenty of abuse and can be driven very easily on the street.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
anyone have any idea how much im looking at for an oem replacement? that centerforce DF was 630 on one site for a whole kit...thats a little much for me right now

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so the 03-04 cobra clutch and all can fit the T3650? if so what sizes should i look for. Also, do u guys really think that its worth it to get the centerforce DF. im not planning on getting anything big done anytime soon, so its staying pretty stock.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I just had a King Cobra clutch put in #801. I checked a number of Ford forums and it seemed like most people agreed it's the best oem replacement out there. It was about $359.00. I haven't had any problems. Good luck.

·
Registered
142 Posts
So what size is ours stock?

What is the difference in this?

11" Clutch Diameter, 1 1/8" - 26 Spline

11" Clutch Diameter, 1 1/16" - 10 Spline

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ok I found the stock size...its 11 inch. cool

·
Registered
147 Posts
Centerforce!!!

Just my 2 cents, but Centerforce will take good care of you even if you don't blow your engine in the desert coming home from the Nats.
Good folks who care about what they're sending out.
--Forte 2's Mom

1 - 19 of 19 Posts