Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking her back to Houston Performance tomorrow for the spray bar install. I should have some numbers by Thursday! Can't wait to see the improvement.

I'm waiting another week or so to order the 8 rib kit. It will be interesting to see the improvement that each mod makes.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Charles! I'm gald the blower isn't too loud. I have to let her warm up a bit before heading out of the garage or parking lot or it wants to die at the first light. I figured you were hanging back to get a listen, glad you liked what you heard.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ItalianDHG#0754 said:
<-----------Jealous! Can't wait to see it in person at a meet when I get back.
Can't wait to see yours either. At the Hooters meet last week several people mentioned your car and how good all the pics look. It'll be nice to add another sweet Bullitt to the local gatherings when you get back.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Do spray bars make that much of a diffrence?

Cuz all the pro shops out here say its a waste of money.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HP said they have seen 30-40 horse on cars with just blowers and a few bolt-ons. I'm a bit skeptical, so we'll see.

The theory is good: cooler, denser air makes more power, and its a fairly inexpensive mod.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Is there any tuning variables as to what if or how much c02 will be pulled into the intake tract?. The Air filter isnt that far from the intercooler. Good luck with it either way.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I took a good look at the spray bar today at HP. Its actually more of a loop than a bar. It forms a circle that goes around the entire front of the air/air cooler.

The guys doing the install mentioned that on some cars, depending on where the filter is in relation to the spray bar, the mist can get sucked into the filter. If your using nitrous as the cooling agent, it may be helping in more ways than one. But they said it hasn't been a problem on a mustang with a vortec before. The filter is in the passenger side fender well, so its protected by the inner fender wall, shielding it from the air/air cooler and spray bar.

No extra tuning required, I believe they will monitor the a/f ratio when its on the dyno to make sure nothing has changed, but in the past, no tuning has been required.

It will have an on/off switch mounted inside the car, and a WOT switch mounted on the throttle body. They mentioned it seems to work well if you turn the key to 'on' and hold the pedal down to ice the cooler right before a run at the track. Beats the hell out of bags of ice on the intake!!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Sounds like a nice option for me to look into as well. Let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Back from the dyno!!

Good news and bad news...

The good news: car made 60 more HP peak to peak...
The bad news: the new peak came at 5500 rpm because the car was spinning on the dyno!!!

At 5500 rpm it made 128 hp more than without the bar. So I am pleased to say the least. Also torque came up to 585 rwtq, 114 over the number without the bar. The tire spin came just before the torque peak without CO2, so that is probably a pretty good comparison. It should peak out at 600 rwtq if the peak stays at the same rpm as before.

So, its time for stickier tires, and the 8-rib kit is on the way. Then its back on the rollers for the real numbers.

And to answer a previous question: Yes, CO2 spray bars make a difference :bigguns:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts