Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I am new to this and second of all I have a question. I heard some of the Bullitts have Cobra engines in them. If this is true how can you tell the difference between the GT and Cobra engines? Oh there is a third thing...I LOVE MY BULLITT!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
welcome to the club, I have not heard about a bullitt with a cobra engine in it. Sorry I cant help ya. Do you have a pic of your bullitt

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not yet. My digital camera is over at my friends house. I keep forgeting to pick it up.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I read on this site where there is one Bullitthead that has a Cobra Engine in the Bullitt. Some one will chime in and clear this up.

·
Registered
444 Posts
That's a lot of work to go through. It would be easier to slap on a SUpercharger on the bullitt and end up being a lot faster for less money.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nice pictures!

·
Registered
394 Posts
My engine looks like the one in the lower picture minus the big plaque on the intake. Did I get something different than everybody else? My car feels really fast. I was neck and neck with A Viper I raced. I think he was shocked.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Wouldn’t it be easer and less expensive just to go out and buy a black cobra, then just add Bullitt badging, c pillar, wheels, rocker panel, gas cap cover, etc and just make a fake, but very fast Bullitt? I’m guessing here, but to slip a cobra engine into a bullitt, after removing the stock one, wouldn’t be a very easy and cheap task. Of course, this is assuming they even make black cobras.

·
Banned
975 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-07 18:31, FASTBULLITT wrote:
Wouldn’t it be easer and less expensive just to go out and buy a black cobra, then just add Bullitt badging, c pillar, wheels, rocker panel, gas cap cover, etc and just make a fake, but very fast Bullitt? I’m guessing here, but to slip a cobra engine into a bullitt, after removing the stock one, wouldn’t be a very easy and cheap task. Of course, this is assuming they even make black cobras.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
There is a Black 99 Cobra Coupe, that I have seen in Arkansas that has removed all Cobra emblems, has 18" Bullitt clone rims and the Gas Cap. Serious street Racer.
:bullitt:

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Oh yes, there is a Black Cobra :wink: If 227 had to go away that is exactly what I would replace it with<G>.

BTW, what was in the prototype Bullitt? Did it have the Cobra Engine in it???

Thanks.

Bud

1 - 12 of 12 Posts