Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spent some time during my lunch hour looking at pictures of the Cobra hood with the rear facing duct. Is the duct actually open to the engine bay? I definitely think it's more representational of the 68 GT hood, which had two such ducts. I think I'd rather have that hood, especially if it's functional; it adds to the "toned-down" image of the Bullitt. I'm gonna ask the dealer about ordering one when I'm down there next week.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yes, the hood on the cobra is functional. I have a friend with a 99 Cobra and there is a black plastic vent in there and a slot cut away in the insulation on the underside. Lets the hot air out. Very nice, I am looking into getting one myself.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Please post photos if this mod is done. I'd love to see what a Cobra hood on Bullitt looks like.

·
Registered
50 Posts
LokNlod,are you going to get the hood from ford? Will they paint, and match the color for you? I'd love to see some pics and prices if you do this mod. I love the car but I'm not crazy about the hood scoop. I think partially it's an age thing, not functional and without scoop, hood would be closer to original.Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts