Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know where i can find the cobra R rear wing for my bullitt? I only found one company that had it for 459.99 in gelcoat primer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2002-01-05 15:37 ]</font>

·
Registered
762 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
To each their own, but I would not put that on there either.

The special thing about this car is the fact that it is so understated. By placing the Cobra 'R' wing on it, well, it totally undermines what the car represents.

MAYBE something smaller would look all right, but the 'R" wing is wayyyy too much in my book.

Just my $.02

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
bullibabe,
please complete at least part of your profile and give us a location(city/state)
please register your Bullitt at the registry also

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
You can get it from any svt ford dealer. part number m1600-r00 it costs 450.00 Thats what i ordered for mine

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm not buying this...

·
Registered
509 Posts
To each his own! One reason I liked the Bullitt so much is that it looks so clean and doesn't have a wing........the original didn't. I felt guilty adding the fog lights, but in my area (mountains) the fog in the spring and fall demands it and I do really use them for that and not just looks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-03 23:05, Damdannyboy wrote:
Go with this one!!!
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

LMAO, thats classic

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2002-01-05 15:39 ]</font>

·
Registered
147 Posts
The Bullitt embodies a clean and sophisticated look. Look at the FR500, would you do that to this clean profile? Don't mean to go against a fellow Bullitt owner, but maybe the smooth uninterrupted contour of the side view is best w/out a/knockoff of another exclusive badboy Mustang. My say-so, but you paid for yours, not me.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I love the smell of RICE in the morning.:smile:

·
Registered
16 Posts
i dunno... i wanted a roush wing on mine at first...but now i dont want one at all... the absence of the wing seems to be unique and make the bullitts look sleek... i probably wont change a singe thing to the appearance of mine... bu thats just me...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, I have to put in my 2 cents because I just saw my Bullit today with its new 2000 Cobra R wing, Cervini Cobra R front vailence, and 2000 Cobra R hood. It looked so bad ass! I had the car lowered and wheel spacers put on. I haven't seen my car for three weeks now since it was also geting 3.73 gears, pro 5.0 shifter, NX 100 shot kit with all the works. I think a clean Bullitt is sweet too, but if your going to go for it, I say add the wing, but add a front vailance too.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Why didn't you guys with the wings (especially you Houston people??? drilling holes in your hoods? Come on!) just buy a cobra, or Rousch? You are practically making those Bullitts you bought into them. I've read these mod pages for a while now and I like a lot of the REAL stuff being done (like the aluminum shaft) but putting a wing on a Bullitt just does not make any sense - buy a GT, they come with the god awful wings no extra charge.

·
Registered
88 Posts
IF you like the wing, go for it. I have seen a lot of ugly crap (IMO) on here that a lot of people love and swear doesn't detract from the "smooth, 60's-like look".

No offense to those that have that stuff. Maybe it looks good when you get old! :eek:)

-Bill

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,207 Posts
Z06: What is the number of your DHG Bullitt? I don't think you put it at the registry yet. I see you're from Seattle. Hubby and I are going to the Bellevue show there in July. We will bring the Bullitt and the Cobra R. I would LOVE to get a pic with your "BulliR" and our R together! Hope you will be there.....

Vicki

·
Registered
147 Posts
#3457, loosen up! Read the rest of the forum topics, maybe then you will get each of our ideas or arguments in HOUSTON!!!
Get educated before you slander names. I wasn't for it, nor am I now, but I do support a fellow Bullitt owner who loves it and spends the big bucks for theirs, not the one you paid for! I hate the idea of putting another exclusive Mustang's identity on a Bullit, but #312 is the only one I can control. Therefore, this piece of Stang stays original, but I will do some mods that don't affect the natural appearance! State your case then!

·
Registered
219 Posts
3457, I hear you! It's like, 'why did they buy a Bullitt just to completely change the look?' The Cobra R wing addition is so ridiculous, I find it hard to believe somebody would add one to a Bullitt. The Saleen wing, which seems to have won some degree of acceptance on this board, to me, is equally repulsive. From the back, it looks OK, but from the side: yuck!!! One thing I've noticed is that the weird mods (and I call all spoiler addtions to the Bullitt weird) seem to be coming from Bullitt owners that knew nothing about the Bullitt when they purchased it. One guy I know swapped out the retro-gauge cluster for the white-faced Cobra cluster (among several other outrageous mods). When I explained that the stock cluster was unique & part of the Bullitt package, he was clueless...didn't even know. He replied he had wanted a GT, but the salesman talked him into buying a Bullitt they had on the showroom floor. Had never even heard of the film. To each his own, but I bought the Bullitt for it's unique look, not the Cobra Rs look or any other spoile(r)d look.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts