Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gang, Bill had a friend change the oil in the R today while he had it at his house buffing it out and detailing it. He said it took 8 quarts of oil! He said he almost had to go and grab another pan to catch the oil in as it almost ran over! Beings the synthetic oil we put in it is $5.00 a qt. that makes it $40 just for the oil! Jese!

Vicki

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-11-21 02:29 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
8 quarts!?? The Cessna 172 that I fly only takes 7!! DANG, the Cobra R takes more oil than an airplane!! :lol:

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, "ya gotta pay to play", that's for sure! The gas is more expensive and less mpg too! Bill says, "OH well, but we're having fun!" Everyone in the club wants to get a ride. I am sure Bill can give him a good one too!

Yes, Black, we bought a R almost 2 weeks ago now. It has been at a member's house, tho, for the past 5 days getting a factory paint boo-boo fixed and getting buffed, detailed. The R doesn't have clear coat guys. You can't buff them very long or the orangy color comes off on the buffer! I guess SVT figured that since they are a race car they would be getting wrecked a lot and re-painted anyways? None of the 20 guys at the R forum use their front splitters as they are only functional at 135 mph and more. They get scratched if you hit a high mark in the road or go into high driveways. (Most all of the 20 members there race their Rs).

We got the chrome R wheels yesterday and the splash guards for the rear. Getting street tires next week. Got the snake put on the front grill. That is all the mods we are doing to it. I found a forum for the 2000 Cobra R and there are 21 people there registered there out of 300. The first 3 went to Ford. Oh, our # is #227.

Vicki

·
Registered
724 Posts
Sounds like a fun car Vicki, don't forget about the "Bullette" she is probably getting jealous. So when are you going to change your screen name?

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought about changing my screen name to 3StangWmn but then I would have to start all over with my posts and stuff, right boss?

Retraction: We found out tonight that the R took 9 (yes nine!) quarts of oil at her change! He put in 8 and the dip stick keeps saying to add another so I went to the R Forum and the guys say it does take 9 quarts.

Bullette is covered up with her blankie for the winter in the back of the garage. R will join her when we get her back from getting detailed and new tires and rims. The 69 will be back from the paint shop soon too and will join the two. :smile:

Vicki

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS VICKI AND BILL.
Guess I missed the post, if you posted, that you bought the R. I just remember you writing about looking for one.
I know you are both thrilled.

Joyce

1 - 9 of 9 Posts