Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,

I'm heading to RAF Lakenheath in August. I ordered the Cobra tail lights for the light conversion and could really use some help on how to go about wiring them into the Bullitt. Mine are coming with the Cobra wire-harnesses if the dealership is right. From what I understand I have to change out the flasher relay as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jon

·
Registered
80 Posts
Cobra rear light wiring

Hey Jon

English Bob is your best bet, he has Cobra rear lights on his Bullitt, send him a PM for tips on doing this. For my sins the wiring on these late cars is tempremental. If you try to chance things they turnout bad. my turn signals run fast when the car is cold then settle down to normal speed when its warm, work that one out? You need an SVA expert in the UK near your new base really. I have "Classic American" this month, a Brit magazine for US car freaks like me, i'll see if i can find any SVA guys local to you.

Laurence

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lozbullitt said:
Hey Jon

English Bob is your best bet, he has Cobra rear lights on his Bullitt, send him a PM for tips on doing this. For my sins the wiring on these late cars is tempremental. If you try to chance things they turnout bad. my turn signals run fast when the car is cold then settle down to normal speed when its warm, work that one out? You need an SVA expert in the UK near your new base really. I have "Classic American" this month, a Brit magazine for US car freaks like me, i'll see if i can find any SVA guys local to you.

Laurence
Thanks Laurence,

Thanks for the info and I'll PM Bob. Hopefully we can all get together eventually and maybe figure out your fair-weather blinkers:)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got the lights in yesterday and wired them up this morning. Everything works perfect. Cutting the brake interrupt light under the dash was definitely the biggest pain of the whole job but all-in-all not to bad. One step closer to UK street legal...whoo hoooooo!!!!!!! Sorry...I'm a little excited to get over there...:D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Did Bob help?

Glad to hear you've done the lights, would love to meet you when you settle in, I have a 13 year old son plus friends who are military airplane mad! maybe we can get some other UK Bullitt heads together as well.

Laurence

·
Premium Member
3,520 Posts
Jon glad you got the rear lights sorted out. I have all sorts of problems with my internet provider and it looks like I am going to have to take them to court.

When we spoke I thought you were going for the Karcraft kit which should have come with the relay, wiring and full instructions.

If you need anything else then email me or PM me and that with send me an email. I miss a lot of posts and have been really busy. I post thhe odd thing and that might give the impression I see it all on here but that is far from the case at the moment.

All the best Bob

·
Registered
203 Posts
Good to hear that you have an assignment to RAFL. I'm stationed at RAF Mildenhall. Unfortunately I didn't bring my Bullitt over. She is sleeping at my in-laws house waiting for me to return. Look me up when you PCS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.