Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have been thinking about putting the Cobra Tailights on #3737, after seeing roushravens pix. I like the way the amber color looks with the DHG color alot! However, I am torn because on one hand because I feel like I am poaching. What do you guys think? And by the way, the dealer quoted my $226 per light, so I am looking at $450 for the total mod. I have yet to check that price out elsewhere, but I wanted to post here first. What do you guys think?

DHG #3737
K&N Filtercharger
MGW Precision A/C Knobs, Eject Cigarette Lighter, Headlight Knob

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jdtarch on 2001-09-02 11:42 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jdtarch on 2001-09-02 11:43 ]</font>

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was my gut feeling as well, Troop. What do you think about my poaching concerns?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Thanks for the compliments. jdtarch www.karkraft.com used to sell them for $199.00 for the pair. Now they are $299.00 for the pair complete with bulbs and harness.
Arthur

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Gentlemen! I knew I could count on the "bethren!"

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess I still have concerns about the "purity" of the Bullitt versus poaching the components from the Cobra. I know roushraven had legal requirements to contend with, but I do not have that reality to deal with, it is just my aesthetic obsessions :smile: Does anyone else think I should avoid this mod?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I don't think you should avoid it.

If the money is not a problem, I think it is a nice visual upgrade. And give me a break, if people say that it ruins "the look" they are going too far.

Others have lowered the car, added fog lights (including me), changed the wheels, or chromed the wheels, all of which are more significant mods than the rear lights, and all of these mods got thumbs up from at least some of the members of this club.

I say go for it!

Please post pics if you do it!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts