Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a Bassani X-pipe for sale locally but it was on a 2003 Cobra. It is a different part # than for the 2v 4.6. I contacted Bassani they said they did not know if it would fit and that for each type vehicle they custom make them without interchanging.

I know the 03 Cobras are different but has anyone ever tried or heard of it fitting?

Dave

·
Registered
506 Posts
Is it catted or non-cat?
New style or old?

I had a old style (5 pc catted) on my 01' 4V that was sold and used on a 2V bullitt.....

BLACK_2425 should have the best info for ya..he did it.., and I think he may want to sell due to header install......maybe?????

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I know a friend of mine bought an Offroad H pipe, I believe it was a Mac, from a guy that owned a 03 Cobra. Fit fine on her 02 GT.

·
Registered
798 Posts
DaHos said:
Is it catted or non-cat?
New style or old?

I had a old style (5 pc catted) on my 01' 4V that was sold and used on a 2V bullitt.....

BLACK_2425 should have the best info for ya..he did it.., and I think he may want to sell due to header install......maybe?????
Yeah, the x-pipe that DaHos sold me bolted right up to the stock manifolds with no issues. Makes the car sound so much better!

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
DHG-2925 said:
I just picked it up from his house bassani x-pipe w/ cats for 03 cobra for $150, I hope it fits.
awesome price for a Bassani

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Yeah thats a real good deal. Esp. if its the stainless steel model instead of the BX.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes it is the Stainless Steel with the older style cats, problem I am going to have now is my car sits so darn low (sportlines)I do not think I will be able to use the cats. I did not realize the cats are twice the thickness of the stock ones.l

1 - 9 of 9 Posts