Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had to change a coil pack or the whole set? What type to go with? Is this the fix to the infamous "HICCUP"? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
I replaced mine with the MSD COPs. I noticed better throttle response after the replacement.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Not sure how great they are, but my buddy who has same gen GT has Granatelli Coil ons and he loves them. At least worth looking into.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys

·
Registered
771 Posts
My understanding is that the hic-cup experienced is due to a COP going ka-put. I have one in my wife's GT going south...

Someday, I'll get around to replacing hers. However, anyone that's replaced their original COPS, hit me up... I maybe interested in purchasing them for the right price...

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
one gone at 60 K. I think I have another one going also. I replaced with OEM.

Greg, how do you know it's going bad? When you buy one does it work for any of the four that go bad? For instance, if I wanted to buy one to just have in the trunk will it fit any of them if it goes? Thanks!

·
Car Whisperer
21,377 Posts
I have the Accels on another vehicle and so far, no problems.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Greg you feel a slight hesitation under full load. That's when I suspected I had one going bad. It doesn't always do it. It is intermitted. But the only way to tell which one is to take to the Ford dealer to have them put it on the diagnostic machine. Luckly mine was still under warranty.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
Greg you feel a slight hesitation under full load. That's when I suspected I had one going bad. It doesn't always do it. It is intermitted. But the only way to tell which one is to take to the Ford dealer to have them put it on the diagnostic machine. Luckly mine was still under warranty.
Ahhh, OK. Mine's not doing that yet. What about just throwing an extra one in the trunk and it fitting any of the four that may go out? I have a friend that works in the parts dept. at Ford and was just going to buy one to take along on vacation just in case.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts