Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what should i go with... O.E. motorcrafts or msd coils. money wise ther eabout hte same but im more conserend with performance and quality than the money... i plan on n2o for now then probly blower or turbo set up down the road. im thinkings msd because there supposed to have a better spark but then again thats just what i hear. anyone have any imput?
thanks jeff

·
Charles
13,307 Posts
jeffs89gt said:
if it produced a better spark id go with it but i like OE stuff so im probly just gonna go with them... any more imput?
A lot of them say they produce a better spark and more HP but I don't know. Is it real or hype. I don't have FI so it doesn't matter. Any new coil would produce more HP if you have a bad one. :smile:

·
Car Whisperer
21,582 Posts
I managed to get a set cheap of brand new Accel COPS I stuck on my other car...made a difference as far as made it much smoother at idle and the motor purrs right along, better than with the stock ones which at the time of the switch, were fine. I am going to get a set of something for the "B". I like the MSD's but they are pricey. Summit has their own that are $100 cheaper but put out more than stock.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Accel Coils

I use accel coils on the B. Two reasons. First, I had a YearOne coupon that made them a real bargan, and the other reason: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , you'll have to guess. Clues on the snap below.:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Car Whisperer
21,582 Posts
it matched your dipstick handle and/or hood release handle (couldn't possibly be due to the S/C).

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Frankenstang said:
matched dipstick handle and hood release handle
You guessed it, matched all the yellow do dads under there. I'm a real fashionista, and Clint and Stacy would be proud. :toocool:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Since I just purchased my Bullitt 2 weeks ago, i can not comment on how aftermarket coil packs perform as to these motors. That said, my last ride was a 2005 Mustang GT with over 650 rwhp. I used the stock packs until one day I got a bad coil code pop up. Went with aftermarket packs and I will say this, the idle was noticably smoother (even with the cams) and I did pick up 15 extra ponies. But I was supercharged so again, i can not say what affect it would have on one NA. I would assume I would have experienced the same better start and idle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.