Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question, The bullitt has the ford racing cold air intake kit on it correct? It looks more like a stock air intake, just a different filter and they removed the box. Can a bigger inlet tube be purchased to allow more air to flow through than the stock tube? I've got a guy suggesting I just switch over to a better cold air intake system plus a tuner. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Please define "better cold-air intake". I submit that if you are not making all the power you want the "restrictive POS Ford CAI" (as the aftermarket sellers probably put it) is not the reason; unless you have an enormous cam-grind, heavily ported heads, ginormous valves, and a 95+mm MAF......

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
IMO, it is better than most of the aftermarket CAIs out there. Our CAI is truly a Cold Air Intake, because it does not get any air from inside the engine compartment. Strictly outside air.

The Bullitt CAI system is more than adequate for any tune you get.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Yup. It's on par with all the other aftermarket ones.

The only time you'd need something better is if you went FI.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
awesome, thank you guys. As far as tuners, is it really just a matter of taste? I've heard great things on a lot of different tuners. But do some just really stand out above the rest?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
My suggestion is Doug at BAMACHIPS if you don't have someone local who can do a good custom tune.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.