1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Real Simple:

New engine.

------

857 miles and they are adamant that the motor is defective.

I told them that that was the best running defective engine i've ever seen.

whatever.

I've got a notchy shifter too. maybe i'll get a new trans!

by the way: i've got an 02 GT not a bullitt.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fixer on 2001-12-19 14:40 ]</font>

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems fixer. I too have an '02 GT (build date: 9/6/01) but have yet to experience any problems whatsoever.......1100 miles and counting. I wonder if Ford has "silently" tried to resolve the 1-2 notchy/grind problem by specifing synthetic Mercon ATF for our 2002 models whereas it appears that the 2001 models call for Mobile 1 synthetic in their owner manuals? If your engine is making THAT much noise, I would think that it might be the dreaded 'piston slap'. A new engine is the only cure. Good luck!!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hi. What is that synthetic Mercon ATF? Is that Mercon 5?

John

·
Registered
44 Posts
fixer:
Did they say anything as to what they thought it was. That is great that they will replace the motor, but whose to say the next motor won't do the same thing. Sounds like they have no clue, and are throwing parts at it. Good Luck!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-19 18:07, CBASS wrote:
fixer:
Did they say anything as to what they thought it was. That is great that they will replace the motor, but whose to say the next motor won't do the same thing. Sounds like they have no clue, and are throwing parts at it. Good Luck!
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

well that is exactly what they are doing.

the service writer only told me that the hotline recommended a new engine and that the "shop foreman" thought the noise was out of control as well. The foreman only recorded that the oil pressure was slightly low.

with so many on this board with the same noise, there is no guarantee that the next one won't do the same thing.

the p*sser is, all replacement engines are remanufactured. not new. reman.

i've got an aquaintance that i ran into that told me he got a buyback right away due to a motor replacement.

Not only have i not even made it to the first oil change, i haven't even made the first payment.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
I talked to Art Hyde when they replaced the motor in 227. It was a brand new motor, not a remanufactured engine. Are you sure your 02 is not getting a brand new motor?

Happy Holidays.

Bud

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-20 00:30, BudACAD wrote:
I talked to Art Hyde when they replaced the motor in 227. It was a brand new motor, not a remanufactured engine. Are you sure your 02 is not getting a brand new motor?

Happy Holidays.

Bud

For sure? no. but from experience i'm assuming its a reman.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
On 2001-12-20 03:29, fixer wrote:
On 2001-12-20 00:30, BudACAD wrote:

Happy Holidays.

Bud

For sure? no. but from experience i'm assuming its a reman.

Great!!!! :roll:

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I believe you're getting a new motor. Only vehicles that are over one model year old get a remanufactured engine.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i verified today that i'm getting a new motor.

and yes the noise was the rapping/knocking at 3k rpm when cold.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Well that is good news that your getting a NEW engine;-)...

Happy Holidays.

Bud

·
Registered
586 Posts
fixer, best of luck! We're all going to be closely watching your saga unfold.

If that's the fix, we'll be very pleased that the problem can be remedied.

Merry Christmas and keep in touch.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
On 2001-12-21 21:38, 01GTCOUPE wrote:
fixer, best of luck! We're all going to be closely watching your saga unfold.

If that's the fix, we'll be very pleased that the problem can be remedied.

Merry Christmas and keep in touch.

thanks.

i was reading a thread on corral.net that in late 00 to present 4.6 motors used in the GT and the bullitt are from a different factory that the 99-mid 00 years.

There might be a defect with a small percentage of engines from this plant (Romeo).

I called the dealer that sold the car to me and they said they are nearly positive that they can give me a 7/100k warranty on engine, trans,rear for free along with the new engine.

This engine was replaced on the advice of the tech hotline. I Would suggest everyone who has this problem kinda use me as aguinea pig to see if this works. If it does, then i guess there are quite a few people on this board that have an engine job coming their way.

I spoke with three different people about this and they all said that if a new engine is going in it likely has updates and problems corrected that the assembly line motor doesn't. So it is not, apparently, a matter of replacing crap with more crap.

Either way, if i have to do this one more time its an automatic lemon law deal because the car would have been in the shop for 30 days for the same problem.

Overall, i'm having a real hard time finding much to complain about because both dealers that i'm working with are bending over backwards to make everything smooth and perfect.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Bizump!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
wtf is this bizump? It means bump i gather, but why do you keep saying it in all the threads? I dont get it....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts