Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past few months I've been having an issue with my car starting every day. When I crank the car for the first time if I don't immediately give it gas the car shuts right back off as if the fast idle isn't keeping the car up. The only way to keep it running is to keep my foot on the throttle. Every day like clockwork once the car reaches normal operating temp I can hear a change in the idle after that it runs fine and cranks perfect the rest of the day until yesterday... I was running late for class and had to drive the car even with it acting up so I drove from my house to school and parked, all the way from here to the school the car would shut off if I took my foot off the gas, when I parked it was at normal operating temp yet was still shutting off, and it was the same deal on the way home.

I'm basically looking for some information on what I could try because I just lost my job in the Circuit City lay-offs and don't have alot of money to take it to the stealership.

Thanks in advance guys,
James

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have fixed several things such as my 6-disc changer by tapping it. Also fixed the driver's side window motor that way. I had thought about the IAC valve but I figured there would be idle issues even during normal operating temperatures not just on startup. My other question is: Is the IAC valve the cylinder object on the other side of the intake from the throttle?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks bro, and just as a little update there are officially 3 problems I have fixed on my car by hitting it. The 6-disc changer got suck once but after a love tap it started working again, the drivers side power window stopped working, again a little tap and it starts working, and a few taps to the IAC valve and the car fired and idled without a stutter. I'm going to get out there today to remove it and clean it off to see if that will fix the issue. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.