Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings and Happy New Year!

I want to get a pair of SHR louvers installed on my 2008 Bullitt. I'm not having any luck locating anyone in my area that has installed them before and I'm reluctant to trust someone who wants to try. I'm looking for recommendations of body shops anywhere within a reasonable distance of where I live in Williamsburg, Virginia. Many phone calls around the Richmond and VA Beach areas have gotten me nowhere.

My ideal solution would be to drive down to SilverHorse Racing in Melbourne, FL and have them installed at their shop come springtime. I just hesitate planning a road trip with the ongoing pandemic.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
That would be a fun and productive road trip to get the louvers perfectly installed. Having the same issue as you of not finding anyone who had installed the SHR S197 louvers in N FL, I made an over day roadtrip to SHR, 4.5 hrs each way, leaving early before sunrise. Marcello, the owner of SHR, is an engineer, race driver, small independent business owner and a perfectionist. He installed the louvers in about 45 minutes, perfectly, from outside. No need to remove to the rear interior panels as I had did before driving there. Not his first rodeo. He has tricks to get the outside edge alignments perfect. While the glue set (4 hours), he took me to lunch, gave me a tour of SHR, machined BLLT's build number into a black anodized SHR gas door and installed it.
Since install, no issues with the louvers, sealed tight against leaks and perfect exterior alignment.
I totally support Marcello at SHR. Since then, he has made several bling pieces for 08 BLLTT and 19 BLLT2. I stop by his shop on my S FL runs to say HI.
So, for perfect install of the louvers, roadtrip to SHR. Patience with the virus on your travel plan, a perfect install will be worth it. Let me know, will tell you a great seafood restaurant in Vero Beach, just north of SHR.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts