Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
Joined
·
41,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, folks. I'm confused (could be Alzheimers setting in, but maybe not). I noticed that some 08 Bullitts say "HG" (like mine) and others "DHG." Would anyone care to tell me the difference? (this is where some wise guy will say "DHG IS DARKER." Yuk, yuk... Anyway, I'd like to see the two colors (if there truly ARE two colors) sitting side by side in a photo. I'm curious as to why Ford would do such a thing, too. Seems silly. :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,357 Posts
I think Ford called the '08 color Highland Green because that is the exact name of the color in '68. I think they were just trying to be true to the car that started it all.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,435 Posts
Ford also went on record back in 01 stating that this would be the only year for DHG. So, even if the formula is the same, the names have been changed.

I think the 01 has some gold metal flakes (very few) in it, that isn't present in the 08. Paint shops say they are the same formula. There are other threads on this as well. I think that we did a survey on it several months ago. Then again, maybe not.
 

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
Joined
·
41,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
texasbullitt said:
jim

I have both an 01 and 08 and I can tell you from a distance they look the same BUT up close the 08 is darker
I think you're right, Tex, but everyone is missing the point. I know about the '01s being a different name. That's not what I was asking about. I was only concerned about the two different names (seen over and over on this forum) saying both DHG and HG for the 2008s. What's up with THAT? Simply put: ARE THERE TWO HGs FOR '08, OR NOT? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
StvMcQueen said:
Okay, folks. I'm confused (could be Alzheimers setting in, but maybe not). I noticed that some 08 Bullitts say "HG" (like mine) and others "DHG." Would anyone care to tell me the difference? (this is where some wise guy will say "DHG IS DARKER." Yuk, yuk... Anyway, I'd like to see the two colors (if there truly ARE two colors) sitting side by side in a photo. I'm curious as to why Ford would do such a thing, too. Seems silly. :confused:

Dear Cool,
The official color is "DARK HIGHLAND GREEN METALLIC". Those of you who have the 81/2x 11 cards I gave out at the Shootout can ref it for all the info on the B.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,792 Posts
StvMcQueen said:
I think you're right, Tex, but everyone is missing the point. I know about the '01s being a different name. That's not what I was asking about. I was only concerned about the two different names (seen over and over on this forum) saying both DHG and HG for the 2008s. What's up with THAT? Simply put: ARE THERE TWO HGs FOR '08, OR NOT? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
It's just an IMBOC rule they made up because they didn't want to specify 01 vs 08 for some silly reason. So instead they made up DHG for 01 and HG for 08. Both "Dark Highland Green" and "Dark Highland Green Metallic Clearcoat" are throughout Ford & other publications for the 2008 Bullitt. I use DHG in my signature for my 08 because that's what Ford says it is. :exclaim:

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149198
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,266 Posts
cdynaco said:
It's just an IMBOC rule they made up because they didn't want to specify 01 vs 08 for some silly reason. So instead they made up DHG for 01 and HG for 08. Both "Dark Highland Green" and "Dark Highland Green Metallic Clearcoat" are throughout Ford & other publications for the 2008 Bullitt. I use DHG in my signature for my 08 because that's what Ford says it is. :exclaim:

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149198
What are you talking about??? The reasoning behind the color difference was that at the time Ford had named the color Highland Green. So in defference to new 08 owners it should accomidate their color as well. Ford then decided just to stick with the Dark Highland Green name and HG was never taken out of the system. It was not a "silly rule"as you put it but a way to include the 08 owners and make their cars unique as the 01s are for their owners.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,327 Posts
So, its DHG for 2008 as well? Easy enough to correct. Droopy is correct, they DID call it Highland Green initially. Not a silly IMBOC thing. ;-)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,739 Posts
By the way I just had the louvers painted for the 08 and I was there with them looking up the paint codes. In the when you look up code PY it list it as PY/PX in the books
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,792 Posts
You know my dear Bullitt brothers and sisters, you took me & others all through this in the beginning of my time here, and I responded with your sticky thread where seniority ruled and the HG label decision was made. If memory serves me correctly, I even received pm's about it because of my defending my choice of using Ford's description of DHG. But I was never asked as a newbie, rookie, low 2008 man on the totem pole, (and non-supporting slug).... I and others responded with articles, Hero Cards, press releases, etc., as supporting info of Ford's calling the 2008 Dark Highland Green.

I'm not trying to start something up. No disrespect.

No IMBOC is not silly... but with all groups of friends, some rules can sometimes be silly. IMO
 

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
Joined
·
41,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
cdynaco said:
It's just an IMBOC rule they made up because they didn't want to specify 01 vs 08 for some silly reason. So instead they made up DHG for 01 and HG for 08. Both "Dark Highland Green" and "Dark Highland Green Metallic Clearcoat" are throughout Ford & other publications for the 2008 Bullitt. I use DHG in my signature for my 08 because that's what Ford says it is. :exclaim:

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149198
You use DHG on your signature because that's what Ford says it is? I'm confused. Did your MSRP sticker on your door glass say "Dark Highland Green," or did it say "Highland Green Clearcoat?" THAT is the question....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,404 Posts
Wire Paladin said:
Those of you that were around in the 60's might remember the song "Black Is Black."

Question now is: Is It?
I remember when Hound Dog came out, bought it new.
 

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
Joined
·
41,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
rblack4405 said:
I remember when Hound Dog came out, bought it new.
Excuse me for butting in, but what was on the "flip side" of Hound Dog? Oh, and "He who blows his own horn has tremendous dexterity and a somewhat lackluster love life."
 
1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top