Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just checked the voting booth poll for the color of our Bullitts and it's 81% DHG and 19% Midnight Black & 0% True Blue. Now I know these facts are not giving a true blue representation of the real statistics...
:eek: :roll: So let's go and send in the real facts !

·
Registered
360 Posts
We need some sort of notice that there is something new to vote on. Words were still green (meaning already read) on my screen for voting booth. I wouldn't have looked if I hadn't read this thread.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
I'll be changing it once a week, so check often. :wink:

I put a new one up as a test, but normally I will put a new one up over the weekend.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Obviously I disagree and there's no accounting for taste, but everyone who has seen my car likes the blue or black the best.

Originally I wanted to get the green, but when I saw all 3 colors in person, it was no longer a question for me.

TrueBullittBlue #2345:

- K+N Filter w/ housing removed,
- X-Bassani Pipes,
- 62mm double bore,
- Aluminium Driveshaft,
- Complete Alluminium Interior Components; Buttons, switches, Dash, E-brake, etc.
- Directional LED Mirrors

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TrueBullittBlue on 2001-08-28 13:55 ]</font>

·
Registered
309 Posts
Last year I began thinking about a new car. I said to myself, "self, you want a green car. not lime green, not medium green, but DARK GREEN." When I saw the publicity flyer for the Bullitt early this year I said to myself, "THAT'S MY CAR!!!" :eek:

So I got it. :-B

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
"self" has good taste
fengler is right, these are all drop dead gorgeous colors but i got the DHG cuz of the original!!

2001 Bullitt DHG #648
Ford Racing Alum. Driveshaft(on order)
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, K & N Filter,
Porterfield Carbon/Kevlar Brake Pads(on order)
MGWLTD-All custom Satin Bullitt Bits & Pieces

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-08-28 17:09 ]</font>

·
Registered
33 Posts
Believe it or not I never heard of (let alone ) seen the Movie before I read the review of of the Bullitt in Autoweek Magazine
in the beginning of the summer. Putting the movie a side,I always had been considering the Mustang GT as a probable purchase but there was always a little something that bothered me but I wasn't sure what it was, well what ever it was was gone because when I first laid eyes on the Bullitt I knew it was the car, my car ( assuming I didn't buy the SVT Lightning ). I loved the car, and all the little subtle changes that made it the Bullitt made me forget or not take notice anymore of what ever it was that was bothering me in the first place with the regular GT. I loved the car, and I loved the name Bullitt too, again totally out of context with the movie but just as a stand alone car and name. Ever since I bought my first new car back in the 70's ( don't laugh now but a 71 Chevy Vega..:???: :smile: :eek: :razz: ) I always started out planning on buying a Black car, well since the Chevy Vega there have been many new cars purchased since then and NOT One was ever Black even though that was always my first intention, I always got side tracked or mesmerized by the pretty colors in the show room or on the lot. So now I was determined to get a Black car and being the Bullitt only came in 3 colors I had the upper hand this time. Also after reading all about the movie that made me disticntly not want to get the Green although I always loved dark green ( almost bought a Vette in the dark green ) but since I was not a fan of the movie or had any aligence to it I ruled Green out, now came the tough part, The Blue was always a favorite color of mine when I use to build model cars as a kid so again I almost got derailed by the True Blue, the one thing that saved me was that the only dealer I even found with a Bullitt at all only had the one Black one left so not having a choice I finally ended up with my new Black Bullitt. End of story, So that's the Story !And it only took 30 Years! :razz: :eek: :grin: :grin: :sad:
:bullitt: :bullitt: :bullitt:

aka BullittRocker
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BullittRocKer on 2001-08-28 16:01 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BullittRocKer on 2001-08-28 16:04 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BullittRocKer on 2001-08-28 16:07 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BullittRocKer on 2001-08-28 16:10 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BullittRocKer on 2001-08-28 16:11 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BullittRocKer on 2001-08-28 16:12 ]</font>

·
Registered
121 Posts
Dark Green was not the color Mustang I envisioned myself ever buying. So, I had the dealer looking for a black Bullitt. I found a green one on a lot and stared at it versus the Yuk Green GT next to it for 30 minutes. All of a sudden it just "felt right" to get the DHG one. Talking to the dealer the next day, we switched the search to DHG, and I feel lucky that it turned out that way.

Oh, and the choice of color had nothing to do with the movie, but I do feel it honors the Mustang heritage. Combine this with the C-Pillars and cleaned up styling, and it's one cool looking modern retro ride. :smile:

-Chris DHG #2066

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The Trooper on 2001-08-28 18:00 ]</font>

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have to admit the 3 colors that The Bullitt does come in are probably my 3 favorite all time colors for cars...I have to check my NJ Big Game lottery ticket for tonights numbers becuase if I won guess what I'm buying...hint one is Blue and One is Green and it's bigger than an M&M candy... :wink:
My 3 Bullitts,
Midnight Black Already Have :bullitt:

and The wish list;
True Blue :bullitt: Highland Green :bullitt:

from Montvale, New Jersey

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: krankiekat on 2001-08-29 01:13 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: krankiekat on 2001-08-29 01:14 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: krankiekat on 2001-08-29 01:14 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: krankiekat on 2001-08-29 01:15 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: krankiekat on 2001-08-29 01:18 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: krankiekat on 2001-08-29 01:19 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: krankiekat on 2001-08-29 01:20 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: krankiekat on 2001-08-29 01:21 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: krankiekat on 2001-08-29 01:22 ]</font>

·
Registered
762 Posts
For me the choice was fairly a simple one. I already have a black 'stang and it's a pain to keep looking as clean as I would like especially in this climate. I my first Bullitt at North Bay Ford in Santa Cruz and I didn't feel that it suited the car. When I saw the green it just looked right and fit perfectly with my image of the car it pays tribute to. Having said that when I buy another Mustang it will be Chrome Yellow if they bring it back followed by Bright Atlantic Blue or Mineral Grey.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I chose DHG for several reasons. DHG is only available(according to Ford) on the Bullitt commemorating the same color on the original 1968 GT in the movie. Since their are only 5601 copies made and DHG is only available on the Bullitt, makes the car/ color combination more appealing collectable to me.

Does anyone have info on how many of each color were actually produced?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Black. I saw a DHG Bullitt for the first time (in "real life") the other day and to be honest I like the way my black car looks much better. I was going to order a DHG Bullitt, they brought in a black one for me to test drive and it was love at first sight. Oh yah, and THEN I drove her. Then It was true love! I've never seen a blue one "in real life."

·
Registered
25 Posts
My mind was made up the minute I heard that True Blue was being offered. I have nothing against the green or the black, but in all honesty I wanted the most untique car that was offered and my hunch was right. I am very interested in knowing the final color production numbers. In closing if you chose the Bullitt you made the right call no matter what color it is.
Charlie Buttigieg
BLUEBULLITT4043

·
Registered
444 Posts
Well, I guess I've experienced a bit of both worlds with this color debate. Before I bought my DHG Bullitt, I had owned a 2001 True Blue GT "Premium". That color, to me, is the best color on the GT. Somehow it doesn't quiete look right on a Cobra or Bullitt. I have still to see a blue one in person. And that might be a good thing, b/c I might hate myself for not getting Blue.

I loved the blue, but from the photos and from the cobras I've seen w/o spoilers, the color seems out of place, spoiler adds to it. Who knows this just might be me trying to justify myself for getting DHG. Either way I love the green it makes the car all the more unique. At least ford used the nicest colors for the Bullitt, could you imagine a yellow Bullitt

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ours is black! He wanted green and I wanted blue so we compromised! Our neighbors have a blue one!

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
roush, traded my chrome yellow 99 GT for my Bullitt. i have to say i REALLY MISS that chrome yellow!!!!!! everybody always knew when i was coming down the street!!-LOL( damn, i could NEVER sneak up on anybody)
but i also love the DHG!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts