Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have been a member here for a while but for some reason got tied up and never "pulled the trigger" on a Bullitt. I badly want a DHG 2001, and last week decided I want to live my dream. So I went online and found Bullitt #00531 in Joliet (about 10 miles from where I live!) It is advertised in Steve's car lot right now if you want to take a look. Im very interested and was wondering what everyone thinks of the deal? I feel that this is the one I was meant to buy, so im going today or tomorrow to talk price with them. Any help would be appreciative and it feels great to be back on. Thanks Tom

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Appears to be in pretty good condition. The driver's seat looks pretty tore up and the driver's side front carpet doesn't look to hot either. Other than that, looks alright. Would like to see pics of engine compartment and trunk. I would definitely try to talk them down a bit on the price.

·
Registered
197 Posts
HI,
I think i saw your car on the corner of 52 (Jefferson) just west of the down town area. It was in a used lot North / East corner it had 70k and i think he was asking 10,900. It had the original ZR Gatorbacks on it. The sales guy did not seem to friendly. Oh well if this is the one you are talking about from the outside and in its OK. For a 8 year old car its in decent shape. The sales guy was not too eager in getting the keys to show me the engine so i left. Not looking to buy but just curious in the condition of it.

Update:YES THIS THE DEALER I STOPPED IN. GOOD LUCK

GR33N MCQU33N said:
Hi everyone, I have been a member here for a while but for some reason got tied up and never "pulled the trigger" on a Bullitt. I badly want a DHG 2001, and last week decided I want to live my dream. So I went online and found Bullitt #00531 in Joliet (about 10 miles from where I live!) It is advertised in Steve's car lot right now if you want to take a look. Im very interested and was wondering what everyone thinks of the deal? I feel that this is the one I was meant to buy, so im going today or tomorrow to talk price with them. Any help would be appreciative and it feels great to be back on. Thanks Tom

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I have read a couple reviews of the dealer online. For the most part, people rated them poorly, so getting them down on the price seems like it will be a task. What do you Bullittheads think? $8000 is a fair price? As far as the seats go I have looked around and they seem to be a hard item to find, and pricey when I did find a few. I plan on going in the morning to take it for a good cruise and feel the car out. I hope I can become part of an amazing club. For now any opinions would be top notch!:wink:

·
Registered
197 Posts
One thing mechanically i would see if you smell antifreeze. Heater cores are/can be an issue. Let the car warm up and turn on the heat with the windows up. Also see if they have a history of repairs....Trans, clutch, tune up, coils, spark plug, Try to see if the car is leaking anything. I purchase my car last year with 69k and the rear seal on the trans was leaking. No big deal but that was an expense i could've done without. Good luck!!!!!!

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
GR33N MCQU33N said:

Read this Thread here on IMBOC .........

Looks like really Low Miles an a IMBOC Member.

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170987

2001 Bullitt for Sale - $10,000

<HR style="COLOR: #666666" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Unfortunately have to part with my Bullitt. It's DHG #773, totally original, 23k miles,

garage-kept always. I am the original owner. Please email if interested. Thanks! [email protected]

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
No matter what car you want to go with, I say good luck!

As for prior repairs, if you are dealing with a dealer that doesn't want to quite fess up, before you lay down the cash, shoot me a PM with the vin, and I can run an OASIS report from my home computer, and try to send you the results. An OASIS report will show any repairs done at a Ford dealer for warrrenty, and sometimes out of warrenty (as long as the repair was done at a Ford dealer).

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
nine year old car, asking price is high

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
xtowrk said:
One thing mechanically i would see if you smell antifreeze. Heater cores are/can be an issue. Let the car warm up and turn on the heat with the windows up. Also see if they have a history of repairs....Trans, clutch, tune up, coils, spark plug, Try to see if the car is leaking anything. I purchase my car last year with 69k and the rear seal on the trans was leaking. No big deal but that was an expense i could've done without. Good luck!!!!!!
Okay so my check list so far consists of checking for good trans engine ect. Looking for leaks, and smelling for antifreeze.

Thanks MechanicMarc, ill shoot the vin your way if I like what I see tomorrow.

Anything else in particular I should look out for?

By the way, thanks again tigerhonaker, I shot the guy an email so ill wait on what he has to say as well. Great forum you guys are very helpful, thanks again and keep the info coming!

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
a poorly rated dealer would tell me something

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,277 Posts
So Tom, you never owned DHG #1646 like it shows in your profile? I have you down on the registry with #1646. Thanks...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TwoStangWmn said:
So Tom, you never owned DHG #1646 like it shows in your profile? I have you down on the registry with #1646. Thanks...

No I am not sure how that happened? I looked at the car and remember asking someone on the site if they could run a check because it was a used car lot selling it in a crap neighborhood in Chicago. I ended up not buying it because it had a lot of hack job stuff like exhaust and the shifter had been cut and welded. Sorry for any mistakes or miss communication there TwoStangWmn. If you are the one that handles all the registry details I will personally send you a pm notifying you that I bought a Bullitt, I would love to cause that would mean id be a new owner! Cant wait thanks again everyone hope I can close a deal here real soon!!:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well looked at the car at Bob Martin and everything was going decent, ran good ect. But when it came to talking to the guys about price they would not get off their high horse about how special the car was and how they could not give it away for less then $10,000. After explaining the excessive wear that the car had (seats,steering wheel,carpet, ect) and them still not taking any interest I walked out.

Does anyone know of any DHG Bullitts in Illinois? I really don't have a huge budget and for what they had, was not worth me trying to get $10,000 in place. Please help, I really want to join the club and can not find anything! Thanks Tom

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
you may have done yourself a favor by walking on that Bullitt, going out of state for a Bullitt may be a good idea. I am sure there are some nice Bullitts out there, may take a while, but it will show up. Keep checking Steve's Car lot for one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I really would like to find one Illinois.... I'm not huge into driving 1000 miles, but if I could find one within the midwest I would. I just hope maybe someone is thinking about getting rid of an 2001 for an 2008-09 and would love to buy it before it ends up at a Ford dealer.:frown: its like my dad always told me hurry up and wait. It sucks! I just want a Bullitt:cry:

·
Registered
197 Posts
If he has your number and the car is still on the lot he'll call. Just take your time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mysterio said:
If your heart is set on DHG, I can't help you.

However, if you have some flexibility and want to visit a beach town for a summer vacation, my TB is for sale here:
http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170522

Good luck to you either way.
Thanks man but the car that I fell in love with was a DHG Bullitt way back in high school. Loved the look and was the only younger guy at the show that knew who Steve McQueen was.

Like I said anyone who knows of someone or has a 2001 DHG Bullitt im badly in need of one. Pm me right away thanks!- Tom

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dang you Bullit Buyer! On the other side of the country, what a tease! Pleeeease anyone in the Illinois, Indiana, even Ohio area with a DHG for sale or know someone lets talk!! The summer is gonna run out and ill still be Bullitt-less

1 - 20 of 35 Posts