Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DO you guys know anywhere that sells a complete engine package for our cars. I am talking about a cam, heads, ported intake, forged pistons and crank, etc. I looked n mm&ff and see that excessive motorsports sells some sort of complete package for 4.6l 2v and 4v motors. Has anyone heard anything good about this company or am I better having Pauls High performance do all my work up there. If he does head work and such could someone let me know since he doe not answer my e-mails. Also for anyone who lives in Illinois has anyone heard anything about Anderson Motor Sports in Clinton ILL? They advertise in the Dupont Reg. and seem to build newer mustangs for racing. Wanted to know a quality place to take my car. I thik that the N/A path is the best to take. Blowers and turbos seem to blow motors faster than I want to get rid of mine.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Stay away from Excessive. From friends experience and others posting on other forums, the only thing excessive is the wait on your parts.

·
Registered
351 Posts
If I remember correctly, theres a place around Toronto, Canada that is well known for working on the 4.6, 2 valve motor[lots of U.S. as well as Canadian customers] they advertise in MM&fastfords. Sean Hyland Motorsports or something like that,anyway,good luck with your project!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
There was a big long thread on Excessive Motorsports in UseNet on ramfm bout 6 months ago which started a major boycott of them in that fourm. Seems a regular to the forum and a regular Excessive customer opined about some trouble with their customer service, which resulted in Excessive refusing his payment by check and demanding cash. Seems you are OK in thier book as long you don't say anything bad about them.......

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've been looking for a similar setup. I want to get the heads and intake ported and add a differant cam. Then custom tune. Dallas Mustang has said they've done this before on 99+ mustangs and it added around 70hp. I don't know the cost yet.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys, I will stay clear of excessive motorsports. I think that I may just ship it down to this place in CLinton Illinois. They work or new mustangs only. Some guy I worked with a few months ago has a uncle in CA. that did this stuff to his 2000 gt and got just shy of 400 h.p. with new cam, heads ,ported intake, and forged crank pistons and chip. His only problem was keeping tires on the thing and the clutch went out very fast.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
if your having all that work done, go ahed and get a heavier duty clutch while your at it!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
should i get a double clutch for the car. does mccloud make one for mustangs like ours?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts