Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cripes amighty!

(Remember that name, Nasty?)

Sneaking around doing Cristmas shopping and I scraped the rocker sill cover on one of those freakin' parking lot bumpers.

Scratches through the paint and into the underlying white plastic. Considering replacing the part - should be cheap plastic - instead of a skim of filler.

Probably still cost 2 bills to buy, prep and paint that!

Going to try to hide it with colored wax until I can get it to the body shop. Rather not have to explain it to my wife/bookkeeper.

Merry Freakin' Christmas to me!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NJGreenBullitt on 2001-12-19 13:41 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NJGreenBullitt on 2001-12-19 15:35 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
I totally feel for you.

:cry:

True Blue #3062

73 Grande (RIP)
67 Coupe (RIP)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 6treva9 on 2002-01-04 10:32 ]</font>

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Ditto!

Since it's fess up time, I drove off a curb about 2 months ago and scraped the bottom of the right flap on #169. It sounded like I tore the whole rocker panel off, but all it did was scuff it up.

Since #169 is no more, I've been given a fresh car with a fresh start! :-B

If I do it again, ............just shoot me! :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
"CLICK".....................

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, at least the days are really short now.

We might be able to keep our errors hidden a bit easier!!

I'm considering creative funding for repairs.

To quote a current commercial "I'm no internist, but I think I got some bleeding here....."

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
Exactly!
It's dark when he gets home.
I hit the right side, he parks on my left...
but as soon as the weekend comes around, and it's time for a wash...I'm in trouble!
He might suspect something if I wash it myself! I have always reserved that honor for him!
creative funding, huh?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nasty -

I went back to the #169 photos -

Looks like the rocker covers survived...............

Feel like playing Santa?

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-19 15:24, NJGreenBullitt wrote:
Nasty -

I went back to the #169 photos -

Looks like the rocker covers survived...............

Feel like playing Santa?

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Right now 169 is 80 miles away and the insurance co. hasn't decided on a salvage value yet.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Nasty,my poor ol'memory has slipped me.....what exactly happened to your Bullitt? Can you get any parts off it...intake,ect.

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-19 15:37, kfengler wrote:
Oooo! Sounds like someone may get a special Christmas present...!

BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !
I play Santa in my house!
Oh god, one of these days....he's going to come into this site, and then the hammer drops!

You know....it took me two days to be brave enough to see what I had done. Those [email protected]
curbs on that street are rounded, but not enough that you can tell. Just this slight rounding effect on the whole street.
UGH! :cry:

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
On 2001-12-19 16:12, Mus408 wrote:
Nasty,my poor ol'memory has slipped me.....what exactly happened to your Bullitt? Can you get any parts off it...intake,ect.

The whole story is right here, Larry;

http://www.bullittclub.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=4350&forum=16

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey 2107, Know how your feeling!
My wife ran over one of those curbs recently.
A body shop friend of mine ordered one already painted DHG. Cost $93.00. Make sure you get the plastic clips.

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
The wife tagged the back rim a while back. I just used it as a good excuse to move to the 19" rims;-)... Once the tires go, I'm upgrading :wink:

Happy Holidays.

Bud

Bud's Bullit #00227

http://www.sonic.net/budacad/bullitt/bullitt.htm

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BudACAD on 2001-12-20 00:18 ]</font>

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2802 -

Painted and prepped right out of the box!

Sounds like a better idea than mine of getting one done up by the dealer.

Can you give me info on the body shop or the part & supplier itself?

I'll gladly call.

Thanks -

John

·
Registered
134 Posts
Looks like the vendor told my body guy the wrong info regarding the pre-painted rocker panels. The GT panels come that way not the BULLITT. Cost on the rockers for the BULLITT is $100.48 plus paint.
Here's the kicker, A FORD parts guy told me the panels are on national back order until the end of JAN. 02. He said alot of the BULLITT parts are either out or in short supply because of Mustang owners buying them to BULLITTIZE their cars!

OH WELL! 2802

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Groan!

OK -

That's only a couple of weeks, but that still looks like a nice chunk of change for being stupid!

Naturally, I picked that parking space because it was out in the boonies - then run over the only darn thing out there!

Careless and in a hurry - but I can't live with scratches for the next 10+ years.

Could have been worse - 17" wheels rolled right over and there's no sign of anything more serious than a scratched rocker and bruised ego.

Happy Holidays!

John

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,119 Posts
So then when the real Bullitt owners need the parts, they can't get them cause of some wanna B's out there! Ticks me off!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK - a quick trip to the dealer at lunch time reveals:

A) the parts guy wants my car

B) getting the new headlights installed - no problem - 2 day delivery

C) the body shop found the rocker sill covers on the parts list. He swears they're Bullitt spec, but "they come in red or zinc yellow" He ordered one and specified DHG, so we'll see what arrives. $130 (installed) if it arrives green, $180 if they have to paint it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
The turning radius is too sharp!

In my case, 2 days after I bought the car I hit a curb with the rear passenger wheel. (Wasn't used to the tight turning radius). Then about 2 weeks ago, I did it again in a parking lot. At least I keep hitting the same wheel, while all the other wheels are undamaged. So, when I do replace damaged parts in my car, there will be only one wheel to replace......

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sounds familiar.

My Celica has one unlucky fender, too.

That was sort of OK when I didn't like the paint job on the first dent.

All in all, I think we'd rather live without that kind of "luck" though!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts