Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So you finally got your Bullitt, Kurt! :grin:

Did FiveOhB deliver it to you? I am so happy for you! That long train ride she took finally got her home to her new stall. Is she perfect in all aspects?

Vicki DHG #344

·
Registered
280 Posts
Vicki,

Kurt picked up black Bullitt #3699 from me on lucky Friday the 13th. 4.3 miles on it until I got ahold of it! I put a whole tenth of a mile on it to personally deliver it to service for PDI. I believe Kurt left with 11.6 miles on the odometer (PDI & fueling).

As far as I could tell, Kurt's Bullitt is flawless. All the correct pieces, and everything lined up properly. And as much as I respect the fact that Steve McQueen's '68 was DHG, the black looks awesome on the Bullitt!

I'm proud to say that both Bullitt's sold at our dealership were sold by me and both owners are present on this site (Ivan Grozny's DHG #765 was our first Bullitt).

Now here's the kicker. I can trade in my '00 Feature GT for DHG #2746 and keep my payments the same. Do I do it? The wife says "no." She wants me to wait for the '02 Mach 1. My first car was a Mach 1. Oh, the hazards of working around so many cool toys!

·
Registered
762 Posts
I thought that the Mach 1 is it still a concept car and not necessarily going to make it to production. Why gamble? I think you should take the Bullitt while it's available to you.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh Man! Decisions, decisions! Can't have your cake and eat it too, Brian? :smile:

So your dealership only got 2 Bullitts then, Brian? I wonder how many are there in the Seattle area all together!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks Vicki ! Yeah, a pretty fun ride - too bad the weather sucks today in Seattle ! A long wait, but worth it. It sure turns the local cops heads. I can just hear them saying - "hehehehe just try it sucker !"

·
Registered
88 Posts
Brian, just take the bullitt ! If your wife didn't leave you for the Windstar deal, I think you are pretty safe ! It reminds me what my father-in-law said: He said "Kurt if you fart under the sheets and she doesn't run, she will be with you forever" Good advise !

·
Registered
144 Posts
I must say that the Mach1, should they ever actually build it, looks rather attractive. I could never give up my Bullitt though. I would have to buy both! Maybe if I my stock options ever become worth anything.... :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
DO IT Brian!!
if your wife loves cars/Mustangs even a third as much as you,...she'll love it after the 1st ride!!
nice to see you over here @ Bullittclub!!
you helped a LOT of people at BON since i joined back in April!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Well, Kurt mentioned the hard part. I traded my wife's 2000 Windstar in for a new 2001 Windstar (we buried a lot of negative equity from the almost new van into the new one). I just got a new vehicle, so the banks might not like me getting two new ones so close together.

As a Ford employee though, with A-plan pricing I could buy the Bullitt now (keeping my payments the same as the '00 GT) AND trade the Bullitt in on a Mach 1 when they come out (and likely get roughly the same payments on A-plan) so that I could literally have my cake and eat it too!

I can't afford to buy a Bullitt today AND keep it when I buy a Mach 1 next year. So the Bullitt would have to go. I will buy a Mach 1 when they build it if it is, in fact, a DOHC and live axle like the concept car.

Thanks for the input, all.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Vicki,

By the way, we've only sold two Bullitt's so far (DHG#765 and BLK#3699), but DHG#2746 is parked 30' away from my office available for $25,880 after rebate.

And we have 4 more DHG's and 1 more black ordered with VIN #'s already. Two DHG's are locked-in and have ETA's of 8/13 to arrive here, then the other two DHG's and the black one will be built in late August and likely here in September, just before the 2002's start arriving!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Kurt,

By the way, as far as I could see your Bullitt was good to go. Have you found any issues with it now that you've likely had time to look it over better?

·
Registered
280 Posts
My first car was a bright blue over black Mach 1, so my desire for a new Mach 1 is purely sentimental. Didn't hurt any that the concept Mach 1 was bright (azure) blue with black, much like my Mach 1 was!

Boss 302 was a cool car in 69/70, and I'm sure that an '03 Boss would be cool, but the name Mach 1 brings back such cool memories for me. Much the same I'm sure for Bullitt owners that were (and are) big fans of Steve McQueen and the movie Bullitt.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Brian,
Car feels strong and sharp ! I had to drive it in the rain for the first time today (ouch) that will get a little getting used to ! I am thinking of trading in the bullitt for a windstar (NOT) Just kidding ! I do really like it ! You know that you will be getting a bullitt trade in in about 2 years, with about 90,000 miles when the boss comes out !

·
Registered
280 Posts
Only 90,000 miles, Kurt? You had 63,000 miles on your '00 Ranger in just a year or so. Plus, the Bullitt is much more entertaining to drive than the Ranger was, so I'd guess you'll have a lot of fun miles on top of the work miles! I'm counting on over 100,000 miles on your Bullitt come trade-in time!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I guess a 2 year old bullitt, with 100,000 miles should be worth about 26,380.00 on the trade-in since it is exclusive and the best mustang ever made !

·
Registered
280 Posts
Well, Kurt, Ford's best guess what it would be worth is by looking at a 2 year lease residual which is 53% on a Bullitt that is driven 15,000 miles per year (30,000 miles total), which equates to $14,511. Then deduct 15 cents per mile for the extra 70,000 miles you'll likely have which totals $10,500. This leaves you with a car that is worth $4,011.

But, Ford pegged the Bullitt residual at the same as a standard GT. You and I know that it will be worth more than any standard GT.

For comparison, take a new Cobra coupe at $29,825, do the same math that we did above to account for 100,000 miles. Cobra's have a 56% residual, however. Value according to lease tables after 2 years & 100K miles = $6202.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts