Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has the original pads and rotors, and only has 20,000miles on it. My brakes squeel like a mofo and have been since I bought her in march of this yr. Is this common? I know some high performance brakes make noise, but I think this is beyond that. Oh yea, and the wear indicators are more than fine and the rotors look good. any information on the matter? solutions?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I bought my Bullitt brand new, and the brakes squealed since day one, and still do. The car only has 15,000 miles today, so not much wear. I have just gotten use to it :lol:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Ummm mine make no noise and she's got 106,000 on her.

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Mine squeak after they heat up....Still original pads with 27k on it.....

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
On TB 688 I had to change the pads early on...it chirped and squealed really bad.

On DHG, I bought with 3000 miles on it....no squealing. Maybe it was a funky batch of pads. I would just change them out.

Ichibanbullitt

·
Registered
987 Posts
I changed my rotors to slotted and Duralast pads no squeel.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys...I feel Neil is prob right. Funky batch of pads. Ill change em out and hopefully that cure the prob. Anyone know the cost to replace these pads for the Bullitts? Im staying factory with these.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
steelfalcon29 said:
Ummm mine make no noise and she's got 106,000 on her.
I'm guessing that there not the original pads! :lol:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
new question completely off topic. How do you guys get your pics in your sig so big? mine is so small....

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
eBullitt1569 said:
Thanks guys...I feel Neil is prob right. Funky batch of pads. Ill change em out and hopefully that cure the prob. Anyone know the cost to replace these pads for the Bullitts? Im staying factory with these.
If your wanting to stay factory, or there abouts, then a quick trip to Autozone for there gold series will be perfect, little to no dust and there going to be cheap.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
eBullitt1569 said:
new question completely off topic. How do you guys get your pics in your sig so big? mine is so small....
It's a secret. I had PY (aka Cochese, Sweet Baby James, etc..) set it up for me a long time ago. I'm not sure how he did it.

·
Charles
13,307 Posts
eBullitt1569 said:
If you're staying OEM Ford, then they're $200 or thereabouts. They used to be anyway.

Change your mind yet. :lol:

Randy Stinchcomb on the site may can help you with the price. Send him a PM. He's a Ford parts dealer.

Be sure to have the rotors turned.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
My front brakes are fine, but I had to replace my rears already with only about 27k miles on them. The inside rear pads were almost to the metal. You might check the rears. If you have the squealing from the front brakes, then you will probably need to replace them to stop the squeal. I've heard the stock Ford pads are very pricy. I put Hawk HPS pads on the rear. They are fine. Maybe a little more dust than the originals. Several guys have suggested the PBR Metalmasters for the front. They are supposed to be basically the same as what came on the car from Ford. When I need front pads, that is probably what I'll end up getting. I considered the Motorcraft pads for the rear (they are fairly cheap), but ended up with the Hawks instead.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I hate the squealing. Getting pads on all fours. PBR sound good. My brother has those on his GTO and his brakes are good. Thanks for the input guys! oh yea, who sells PBR pads lol?

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,583 Posts
Nako, it is known that most all 01 Bullitt's brakes squeal(ed) from factory. My Bullitt's brakes still squeak at 20,000 miles with original pads/brakes. Just do a search using the words squaling brakes and you will come up with pages of ideas and answers.... :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.