Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only in L.A....

Driving down the 101 Freeway in Woodland Hills I see a Brand-spankin' new Porsche Turbo. (This is the $140,000 model, 0-60 in 4.0 seconds.) Anyhow I drive up to the passenger side of the vehicle, point at the car and give the driver a thumbs up. Through the tinted glass I see the driver wave and nod as if to say thanks. Through the normal course of traffic I end up a little ahead of the Porsche, one lane to the right. The guy speeds up, honks and gives me a thumbs up. This is cool a guy who owns a $140K car giving me a thumbs up for my $27K Ford. We end up driving together for a little while, almost all the way to the City of Burbank. The whole time we are just kinda playin' with eachother he'd speed up pass a couple of cars, I'd do the same - he'd cut in behind me, etc.. Not racing really just interacting a little. About this time he gets cut off by a moron in a unnameable foreign job. We kinda messed with the guy a little for cutting him off, tried to block him in but backed off eventually.

To end this, I wave the guy forward to pull up beside me - he does. He rolls down his window - and It's "Joey" from "Friends" on NBC. His real name is Matt LeBlanc. We talked very briefly (while doing 50mph) and went our seperate ways.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Now, that IS neat! Thanks for sharing. How very neat...but, maybe out there, it's more common to see a star....NOT here!!!! I love "Joey", he's my favorite on the show...and NO, it's not because that's my sweet hubby's name!

Thanks again, that was a COOL story!!!!!
Bubbles

·
Registered
821 Posts
Matt Le Blanc Biography: Born on July 25, 1967 in Newton, Massachusetts, Matt Le Blanc actually wanted to be a motorcycle racer before his mother told him to look into something else. Eventually, Le Blanc caught the acting bug and left for New York after high school with only $3,000 in his pocket. Soon he was modeling and doing commercials, and eventually he won roles on such television shows as "TV 101," "Top of the Heap," and "Vinnie & Bobby." However, his claim to fame came when he was cast as Joey on the sitcom "Friends." Matt has also begun a movie career as well, starring in such movies as "Lost in Space."

Uh, did I mention he was my favorite? LOL

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Dood too cool. The only person I met was Stevie Ray, the wrestler. His brother is Booker T. A friend of mine knows him and we went to his house. He is a real cool guy. I was drooling over his toys and to my suprize he was drooling over the Bullitt. He told me he used to watch that when he was a kid. It was pretty cool.

·
Registered
586 Posts
The Bullitt-relative-to-film references never cease. It's obvious that the Bullitt represents something very different to many people.

Makes you feel a bit like a movie star, huh?

I like the fact that a priveledged Porche owner can keep his head in the right place and not loose it in traffic.

Adult play is far more satisfying than child's play (and childish irreverence.)

·
Premium Member
18,861 Posts
Boy that is STRANGE!
"Friends" was on while I was reading that
story just a second ago!

Very cool story!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Bullitt#238,
Awesome story!
--Wh

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just a liitle note: Matt LeBlanc will be on Jay Leno Wednesday Jan. 30th. Jay speaks of him as his "car buddy".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.