Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well coming home tonight I had a little problem. If you look in the picture, that I borrowed from the BULLITT ARCHIVE, you'll see I circled a Tee that broke into and did a good job of emptying all my coolant pretty much everywhere real fast!

Ok well it just happened that I was able to pull in the Ford dealership so to the parts dept. I go. After pretty much an hour of searching in the puter, calling the other dealerships, looking at my Wifes '04, calling a buddy up to the dealership to look at his '99 Cobra and looking at a '03 GT there isn't another stang out there with THAT tee on it. It's not in the puter at all.

I ended up going to O'reilly's and found a 3/4"x3/4"x3/8" Generic Tee and drove the Bullitt to the house. Wasn't leaving her anywhere over night!!!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's been a month or better now and Ford still can't find this part!!!!!!!

·
Former Owner of 2001 DHG1557
841 Posts
This sounds like one of those parts that a person should pick up ahead of time and put in the glove compartment. Is the T you bought at O'Reilly's specifically designed to be used in hot coolant systems? I will have to check at NAPA to see if they sell anything like that and put it in the glove box. Thanks for the info on the lack of info from Ford Parts. Seems weird they don't have it in the system....oh well what are you going to do? :smile:

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
My Bullitt does not have that Tee fitting. All I see are two lines that come from the heater core. One goes to the manifold flange area and the other is a plastic elbow fitting that connects to the steel coolant line that runs under the intake manifold.
Very interesting!

In that picture,that hose with the Tee,is just a plain one piece hose on my Bullitt,which was built in April.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ZBullitt said:
This sounds like one of those parts that a person should pick up ahead of time and put in the glove compartment. Is the T you bought at O'Reilly's specifically designed to be used in hot coolant systems? I will have to check at NAPA to see if they sell anything like that and put it in the glove box. Thanks for the info on the lack of info from Ford Parts. Seems weird they don't have it in the system....oh well what are you going to do? :smile:
Yes it's for the heater system but is thinner material than the original. If you find it please post up a part number so I can get an extra one...FYI the coolant system will empty FAST when this breaks!!!!!!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Again,it is strange,that my Bullitt doesn't have the part you speak of. My car is a one owner,and never been to the dealer for any replacements/work.
When was yours built? Maybe a running change during production?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
3439 just had a b-day 6/22/01.

·
Registered
273 Posts
What kind of PCV valve do you have? There are two different ones that were used on the Bullitt. One is a heated one and one is not. The heated one using hoses that carry anti-freeze in them to heat the PCV valve. Perhaps the Bullitts that have the heated PCV vavle also have this tee fitting. Maybe that is where the hoses that carry the anti-freeze that go around the PCV valve get connected?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
petez said:
What kind of PCV valve do you have? There are two different ones that were used on the Bullitt. One is a heated one and one is not. The heated one using hoses that carry anti-freeze in them to heat the PCV valve. Perhaps the Bullitts that have the heated PCV vavle also have this tee fitting. Maybe that is where the hoses that carry the anti-freeze that go around the PCV valve get connected?
Who you asking?

The tee that were talking about has one 3/4" end going into the firewall to the heater core, the other side of that comes out of the lower intake. The 3/8" end goes straight into the upper intake right there where the picture shows it. I mean you might think the 3/8" is longer but it's only 6" max in length. I'll see if I can find a better picture.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Borrowed from the Bullitt Archives again. :grin:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok so I'm digging around the archives and found this picture in the Bullitt Photos section... this Bullitt clearly does not have the Tee!

·
Registered
273 Posts
I was just pointing out the fact that the Bullitt's were deployed with two different PCV valve types. I am not surprised that they also have different configurations for the heater core hoses and the tee piece. I was also stating that perhaps the Bullitts that have the tee piece might also have the heated PCV valve.

·
Car Whisperer
21,578 Posts
here's mine:

·
Car Whisperer
21,578 Posts
so do you remember what size all the ends are? use PVC T fitting maybe?

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
petez said:
I was just pointing out the fact that the Bullitt's were deployed with two different PCV valve types. I am not surprised that they also have different configurations for the heater core hoses and the tee piece. I was also stating that perhaps the Bullitts that have the tee piece might also have the heated PCV valve.
That "tee" fitting is used to supply coolant/heat to the PCV valve. The PCV valve is heated by the tube wrapping around it about 180 degrees and held onto the valve with a clip. Per my Ford mechanic cousin, they were heated to avoid them from freezing and occasionally making a whistling sound. They may have been used only on cars in cold climates. You can always replace the "tee" with a coupling and block the other end.
Bruce

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Frankenstang said:
so do you remember what size all the ends are? use PVC T fitting maybe?
Yeah it's 3/4" x 3/4" x 3/8". So for so good on the part from the parts store so I'm good to go... knock on wood. :lol:

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Never in all my years heard of a heated Positive Crankcase Ventilation valve. I would just go with the plain Bullitt tvpe PCV and use the plain coolant hose. But that's just my opinion. I suppose other Mustang GT's,of 2001 model year,for a cold climate, would have it as well?

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Mus408 said:
Never in all my years heard of a heated Positive Crankcase Ventilation valve. I would just go with the plain Bullitt tvpe PCV and use the plain coolant hose. But that's just my opinion. I suppose other Mustang GT's,of 2001 model year,for a cold climate, would have it as well?
I agree....when I installed my KB blower, there was no provision for it, so I eliminated it. I replaced the tee with a 5/8 coupling from the hardware store.
Bruce

·
Car Whisperer
21,578 Posts
Mus408 said:
me either, didn't even know mine had it!!!!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.