Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to install 3.55's into my Bullitt this coming week, and I was just wondering what other Bullitt owners have done about recorrecting their speedometer reading. I bought one of thoes black recalibration boxes, it plugs into the wiring harness. Anyway, I was looking under the car, and coming off the trans. by the tail shaft there appears to be a electronic connection which is mated to a plug that I would expect to have a gear on the other end (Inside the trans). Are the new tremec 3650's like older transmissions, where you can change the gear at the end of the speedo cable (or in this case, at the electrical connection) or is the black box the only way to recorrect the speeometer reading. I really don't want to use the black box because I don't want to splice it into the car's wiring. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
55 Posts
You may want to rethink the 3.55 and go with the 3.73, There isn't much diff between the 3.55 and stock 3.27. I put the 3.73 in and now im thinking about going to 4.10. if i didn't put on so many hwy miles i'd do it in a heartbeat. If you are talking about a Speedcal box, then you really don't have to splice any wires, you tap into one for the power but the others are just transferred to the supplied plugs. Easily removed and returned to stock. Just my 2 centz.....

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
all the way to 410 hope it is not gonna be an every day driver, 3.73 should be fine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts