Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I'm shopping for some wheels to x-cross with.. I see 34mm, 24mm, even 45mm offsets.. I am running FS, need to stay stock, but what is the stock offset??

·
Registered
61 Posts
Edit: After looking around it looks like the 18x8.5 mustang OEM offset is 50mm. That would mean you can use 56-44mm offsets for scca stock class.

Original (and wrong) info: Yup, 45 is it. The rules say you can be +-.25" from the factory offset. Anywhere between (but not including) 38 - 52 will work. Also need to keep the 18x8.5 limits intact as well. A lot of the top guys use this wheel: http://www.kazera.com/wheels/detail/kza_black.html.

Tirerack.com had these on sale a while back but I don't see them in black there anymore. They have chrome ones but chrome wheels typically weigh more than others, if that matters to you.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The Kazera's seem to be a popular choice. Looks like Tire Rack may be discoontinuing the line..

The GT350 comes on 9.5" wheels.. It's just am upgraded GT, seems we should be able to run that size wheel... My guess is the stink raised if I do will spread from Miamuh to San Fran, so I'm off looking for 8.5" wheels :) :)

Thanks for the info!

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Corected above from GT500 to GT350.. Early AM posting is almost as bad a drunk posting some days :D :D

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
texasbullitt said:
hiccup...................

LOL, exactly :D :D

They run the GT350 in the FS class, so I'm thinking those wheels will be legit the more I think about it..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Madpoodle said:
LOL, exactly :D :D

They run the GT350 in the FS class, so I'm thinking those wheels will be legit the more I think about it..
I'm guessing you meant GT500. Not sure that the GT500 runs FS. The Shelby GT does per the list here: http://www.scca.com/documents/Solo Rules/2008_Stock_Category_Classifications_By_Manufacturer.pdf. It looks like the GT500 is in AS.

If you find that the GT500 does run in FS, let me know. I would love to run the wider wheels too!

Edit: You did mean GT350. My mistake.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK: yes SGT.. Says GT350 on the side, Shelby on the trunk :) :)

But, on the Ford website (which of course, can't be wrong) they list it as carrying the 9.5" wheels.. The 500 carries the 10.5's.. I do not see any reason not to be allowed to run th 9.5's..

YMMV :D :D

They were also recomended by a guy running a GT350 this weekend, and looked sharp on the car to boot.. Per Tirerack, the KZA's are discontinued, they have ONE chrome left in stock.. Crap, back to the drawing board..

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Kirk said:
Now you got me second guessing myself. I went and did some looking and it looks like the 18x8.5 mustang wheels have a 50mm offset. The 17x8 wheels have a 45mm offset. I'm going to edit my post above so I don't go spreading the wrong info.

I'm getting my info off of this page: http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=9095

I agree you'll find it listed both ways, 45mm and 50 mm. As long as it's in that range I think you'll be OK

·
Registered
162 Posts
The SGT comes with the same wheels as on the Bullitt, only in a different color. 18" x 8.5" with a 50mm offset. The Shelby GT500 has 18 x 9.5. To be legal in SCCA FS, you need the 18 x 8.5" wide wheel with an offset anywhere between 44 and 56mm. It is also legal to achieve the offset with longer wheel studs and spacers. The Kazera's were a bargain priced wheel while on "closeout" due to the KZA's being discontinued.

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rats..

Thanks Bruce. I was kinda hoping the Ford website was right for a change abut the 9.5" wheels on the SGT, but looks like 8.5 it is :) :)

R compound tires are in the near future after yesterday on a real tight course.. The BFG's, while not great, were decent on an open course, bot in the real tight twisties yesterday blew chunks (literally) so they are outta here soon..

The hunt continues :) :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
My son and I have ran the BFG's on an autox course and then ran Hoosier's. They were a full 3 seconds faster on a 5x.xxx course. My son ran 54.xxx on the BFG's, 51.xxx on 285 x 30 x 18 Hoosier A6's. These Hoosier's had about 45 runs on them at the time. We are having them flipped on the wheels due to the outside edges wearing faster than the inside. We are going to 295's on the next set, and before anyone asks, they will fit on the 8.5" wheel. I won't tell much about my times, other than I ran 54.xxx in the Bullitt on the BFG's, Hoosiers, and a worn out set of R comps on my 03 SVT. I know it wasn't the cars.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts