Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yone else experienced corrosion on the aluminum parts of the motor. I opened up my hood this weekend to clean the paint around the motor after washing the car and found that every square inch of the motor was oxidized. I have only driven in the rain one time in this car and it just so happened to be this past week. I don’t think that they have started salting the roads here in Maryland because it hasn’t been cold enough. I had my buddy over that also has a Bullitt and also drove through the rain this week and he has no oxidation what so ever. I wouldn’t mind this so much other that the fact that when I wipe it off, it leaves little black stains on the aluminum. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Thank goodness I live in a dry area, now. I used to live at the beach in San Diego and you couldn't keep anything from corroding. :sad:

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
redracer
Did you clean the engine before with anything? I have seen if you use some engine cleaners it is hard to get them rinsed and they will leave behind deposits that look just like what you are describing.
just a thought.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I thought about that, I haven’t cleaned it with anything except for a damp cloth and occasionally some quick detailer.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
i haven't had any problems like you describe and i drive in the rain and clean my engine!
hope you get it figured out!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I too haven't had these problems you mention. I've driven in the rain several time this year, and no problems yet. Hope you figure this out, and are able to get that clean look again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts