Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well for the mere sum of $7800 (ouch) Bullitt 929 should be back on 4 wheels and good as new in just under 2 weeks. My body man has assured me that I won't be able to tell it was ever wrecked. I hope he understands how picky I am about this car. Anyway, I am absolutely exstatic about getting it back. I feel like I am waiting for delivery all over again. All the news that's fit to print.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Congrats :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullitthead fred on 2001-09-04 20:02 ]</font>

·
Registered
610 Posts
Great loc, Now you get to go thru "The Wait" again! You remember that,don"t You??? :lol:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Do you mind if I ask you a question. If you own a brand new car, why not have full coverage on it? I know here in Ga, if it is financed,we must carry full coverage. Even if it was paid for, why risk a $30,000 for a couple of hundred bucks?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Well said Bullitthead Fred! I was wondering the same thing myself when I first read about this incident. If you can't afford to fully insure it then you shouldn't be driving it and if you can afford to and choose not to then.......well you get the picture.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The car wasn't financed so I was not required by anyone to have full coverage. Well being naive as I am and having had a clean record for a long time I opted to save a few hundred. The difference between paying 600-800 a year and paying 2500-3000 a year. My driving record was bad when I was 16-18 and it won't stop hounding me. I lost my license from when I was 18 to when I was 19 and since then I have had no ticket, or accident. That was through a 97 GT, a 2000 Camaro SS and now the Bullitt. I was gonna change to full coverage next spring when got married....but I pushed my luck a little too far. As far as saving the money goes I was using the spare to find and pay for a house. I am now closing that deal and I will definately throw full coverage on when I get it back. Better late than never.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lok N Lod on 2001-09-05 00:44 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
OUT-F*CKING-STANDING!!.. I'm very happy for you. I'm also glad that you're getting your Bullitt fixed so you can get your Bullitt Fix! Well lets put up the countdown clock for ya. Even though it may be painful to look at do you think we could get some before/after pics of your car? To give this little project some real weight and to remind all of us what can happen out there when you least expect it?
Hope to see you back in action again soon!

·
Registered
959 Posts
WhooHoo!!! That's great Lok! You'll have to change that license plate to phoenix now.. :smile:

Brian

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The body man has already taken an entire roll of before pictures. He got some of the thing before he started and some after he cut the fender off so he could get the hood open. And I will certainly take my digital camera to get some after pix. Although, I hope he delivers as promised and the fit and finish of the panels is as good or better than factory. I am gonna stick it to him when it's done and I go down to inspect it. If it doesn't look right I want it corrected. He took care of my 97 GT after it was hit and run in a parking lot while I was in school and my only complaint then was that the trunk didn't quite line up. I won't allow any imperfections like that on this car.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
That’s great news lok! Hope all the work meets your standards and the wait isn’t too painful. If the car comes out good, the $7800 will be well worth it. You need a special sticker labeled Phoenix Bullitt 929.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now THERE is an idea.....put a "mystic" paint job on it so it changes from Dark Highland Green to True Blue to Black. I got you ALL beat now I have all THREE colors!! LOL Maybe I will put the double stack spoiler on it, a couple coffee cans, and maybe a type R sticker or two. Performance mods aren't they?? (cough cough....sputter wheez) Sorry all....Temporary Bullitt withdrawl insanity. It comes and goes. Been a looong time since I have heard the calming sound of the exhaust. It puts my mind at rest and stops the voices.
:-B <---but it just won't get rid of this damn smile!!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-09-05 21:54, Lok N Lod wrote:
Now THERE is an idea.....put a "mystic" paint job on it so it changes from Dark Highland Green to True Blue to Black. I got you ALL beat now I have all THREE colors!! LOL </BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
According to my sig, a DHG, TB and an infamous yellow Bullitt had a threesome and 1164 popped out. :grin:

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Glad to hear it LOK!!!!!!!
i mean that sincerely

1 - 16 of 16 Posts