Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After all was said and done how much did you guys spend on your Kenne Bell setup?? My plan is to pick up the KB, and a Cobra short block at the same time. I can do the install myself and am looking at spending around 6K. What were y'alls final numbers?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
i think the kb is in the 5k range...for what you are wanting to do i could see you spending 8-9k fairly easy. imo if your gonna boost it, go straight for turbos.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
I also installed the KB myself. The total cost was $5399 + shipping + $20 for plugs + ~$25 for antifreeze and miscellaneous stuff.

Well worth the $$$$ IMHO...:wink:

Bruce

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
240_Bullitt said:
i think the kb is in the 5k range...for what you are wanting to do i could see you spending 8-9k fairly easy. imo if your gonna boost it, go straight for turbos.
Not really a turbo fan. Nothing to me is more frustrating than turbo lag.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
240_Bullitt said:
I dunno where you're getting 8-9k, Kenne Bell kit is around 5500, I can pick up a short block for less than 1K.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
05102 said:
I dunno where you're getting 8-9k, Kenne Bell kit is around 5500, I can pick up a short block for less than 1K.
youll have 6500 plus tune, gaskets...maybe i should have put it a little over 7k

also a properly set up turbo car will have little to no lag if the right turbos are used...use one too big and maybe you will

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
where in the HELL are you getting a complete cobra short block for 1K? (assuming this is a terminator 03-04 style block)

shaun

1 - 8 of 8 Posts