Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a true story:
I do stereo comps.through the summer and see alot of the same people.one person that i just seen earlier this month works for ford at the dearborn plant an hes a reserch and devolpment employe an has worked on alot of SVT cars,including the mustangs an contours.I asked him if he worked on the bullitt, an he told me he didnt.But hes got a good friend who did an he was in one paticular meeting.he told me that in plimanary testings the 4.6 was putting out way more horses then the orignal 275, an they were worried it was going to be faster then the cobra r (13.0 $59,000 car & driver).I asked him what happened from there an he didnt know.ive been trying to get ahold of him on line,but i will deffintly see him at the end of july.maybe at 290-300 horses the bullitt would have been faster an $30,000 cheaper then the cobra.

Rusty
"if barney was allowed to have one bullitt, my wife said i could too"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1bullitt on 2001-06-21 22:37 ]</font>

·
Registered
568 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>

Rusty
"if barney was allowed to have one bullitt, my wife said i could too"
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Dude, I love your quote. That cracks me up.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
This is according to the racing shops down in Houston that only works on mustangs. from what i have been told we have stage1 heads on our cars allready. the problem with our horsepower is due to the lack of a good cam and fuel management system. therefor i am having stage2 cams ground for my car right now and am getting the chip dyno burned on the car when its done. i will post all results when its finished........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts