Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking today,with that 3 piece intake,there could be enough port mismatch between the bottom plenum and where it joins the manifold,to cause some restriction. I have thought of pulling mine off this winter for a look. Called my dealer and Paul's HP and no gasket sets are available yet.
Another thing. Why is it nothing has shown up in the magazines about FORD'S latest intake manifold? Should have been something on it before the Bullitts were built. Very strange! Atleast some pictures of it off the engine and a look at how the ports appear.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2001-09-26 19:53 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
From my understanding, the ports match perfectly. A friend of mine was looking into a late model 4.6 SOHC motor and a Bullitt motor was something he looked into. He went into a whole list of stuff about it. I just forgot. :smile:

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well specifcaly,I was talking about how the manifold sections are bolted together,like are there any locating pins. Guess I will find out later. It is worth a shot though.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have heard that the intake does not line up very well at all. I have also heard that the intake is very rough, and if you were to polish it you would find some hidden hp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts