Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had their courtesy light stay on? Recently as I was driving the light has came on and the door buzzer sounded for a few seconds then quit but the light stayed on. If I opened and closed the passenger door the light would stay off for a little while and then the same thing would happen. I think it is something with the door jamb switch, but after looking at Advance AutoParts there doesnt seem to be a listing. Is this something I would have to get directly from Ford and how hard is it to change?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
The pin is actually in the door catch, inside the door. It is a Ford-only part (like 11 bucks, ouch) and belive it or not is a common fail part. You do have to take the door panel off, and the catch is fairly easy to remove with some patiants. Make sure to use some weatherstrip adhesive on the water shield when you put it back together to keep it on the car.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
^ what he said. It should be just bolted in, I don't think its riveted. The only tricky part can be removing and installing the rods for the handle and locks.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Black4592 said:
^ what he said. It should be just bolted in, I don't think its riveted. The only tricky part can be removing and installing the rods for the handle and locks.
u dont have to mess with any rods for a door ajar switch. it should be on the bottom of the latch and you can do it in door

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
240_Bullitt said:
u dont have to mess with any rods for a door ajar switch. it should be on the bottom of the latch and you can do it in door
Ahh jeez sorry! I was thinking of the latch itself! My bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts