Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So let me tell you on just how crappy of timing I have. I was perusing the e-bay market just to see what I could...see(??) Well I ran across a kenne Bell supercharger that was for sell on the cheap. It was a complete setup only the 6psi version, but what the hell I thought, $1700 is kind of worth it seeing as how I could get the 9psi. pully heat exchanger and the intercooler for a meer 800-900 bones more. Well I play the game and role the dice. 6hrs left on the pice and I bid. then I get out bid. This goes on for about 2 hrs. The bid is now up to 2400, still worth it by any means. Then it happens, my WIFE wants to go to see a movie so I say fine, we can go!!!:evil:. But thats not good enough, she wants to go and eat dinner too. WTF!!! We go eat dinner and watch the Hulk (it was ok) we rush home and only 3 min on the bid to go I log in so I can bid and as soon as I do, IT'S DONE!!! 3700 bones it went for. Still within my price range:cry: . Why does god hate me so

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
It was your fault, you were not there by your choice.You saw a movie and had dinner, it was nice of you to do that, there will be more blowers another time, another place.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
With E Bay you could have put in the maximum amount of money you were willing to spend and Ebay would have done automatic bidding for you even if you were out to dinner.
Just don't do what my wife did, she was bidding in the last few minutes and every bid she put in was to low. So I told her put in the maximun amount you are willing to spend and see if the bidding is already beyond that due to autmatic bidders.If you get it, you get it, if you don't, you don't.
She was so excited instead of putting in $4,700.0, she put in $ 47,000.00 I saw the number just as she hit the enter key.
I told her you just put in $47,000.00 and she was frantic. I told her I think you will win the bid and she did.
The items went for $5,100.00 and we completed the purchase because it was still about a 50% savings.
God don't hate you, he just wants you to learn automatic E Bay bidding.
Casey
DCLmustang

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
DCLMustang said:
With E Bay you could have put in the maximum amount of money you were willing to spend and Ebay would have done automatic bidding for you even if you were out to dinner.
Just don't do what my wife did, she was bidding in the last few minutes and every bid she put in was to low. So I told her put in the maximun amount you are willing to spend and see if the bidding is already beyond that due to autmatic bidders.If you get it, you get it, if you don't, you don't.
She was so excited instead of putting in $4,700.0, she put in $ 47,000.00 I saw the number just as she hit the enter key.
I told her you just put in $47,000.00 and she was frantic. I told her I think you will win the bid and she did.
The items went for $5,100.00 and we completed the purchase because it was still about a 50% savings.
God don't hate you, he just wants you to learn automatic E Bay bidding.
Casey
DCLmustang
THAT would have left a Mark, eh? :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
eSnipe. Just make sure you use it the first time on something cheap that you don't really care if you lose. The first time, ebay will likely reject the bid and request that you change your password, to make sure you authorized this bid to be placed. After that it has worked for me everytime.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
+1 I use ez snipe. Plus you never want to bid till the end anyways becauce when you bid early you just start a bidding war which is just going to drive the price up for everyone. Try snipeing it next time it really works very well.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
blmarlow said:
+1 I use ez snipe. Plus you never want to bid till the end anyways becauce when you bid early you just start a bidding war which is just going to drive the price up for everyone. Try snipeing it next time it really works very well.
ez snipe. I have never heard of it. I certainly will not tell my wife about ez snipe.She spends to much time there already.

Casey
DCLmustang

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I wish I had known about all that the first time around. I literaly just opened up my account with e-bay 3 days ago. I don't even know all of the functions. and know I know.... and knowing is half the battle :smile:

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
1fstbullitt said:
So let me tell you on just how crappy of timing I have. I was perusing the e-bay market just to see what I could...see(??) Well I ran across a kenne Bell supercharger that was for sell on the cheap. It was a complete setup only the 6psi version, but what the hell I thought, $1700 is kind of worth it seeing as how I could get the 9psi. pully heat exchanger and the intercooler for a meer 800-900 bones more. Well I play the game and role the dice. 6hrs left on the pice and I bid. then I get out bid. This goes on for about 2 hrs. The bid is now up to 2400, still worth it by any means. Then it happens, my WIFE wants to go to see a movie so I say fine, we can go!!!:evil:. But thats not good enough, she wants to go and eat dinner too. WTF!!! We go eat dinner and watch the Hulk (it was ok) we rush home and only 3 min on the bid to go I log in so I can bid and as soon as I do, IT'S DONE!!! 3700 bones it went for. Still within my price range:cry: . Why does god hate me so
God doesn't hate you....he's protecting you! Unless that $3,700 was for a new unit for a Bullitt, it may not have been that great a deal. KB sells that kit new for $3,899. The $3,700 kit would not have had the Bullitt specific parts, and the chip may not have had the proper calibration for your Bullitt. Of course, KB only has the 6 psi kit for the non-Bullitt GT.

Keep looking, something will turn up.

Bruce

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.