Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow you can actually correct the crooked tailpipes on an 08 Bullitt woo hoo! I must say that I have had more fun having dental work but it is done! After loosening clamps and bending the hangers I was close. Then I removed the right muffler and really bent the two metal hooks, after assembly it is much better!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Did you try loosening the clamps at the H pipe first? Usually does wonders.....

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was my first attempt, then I tried the muffler clamp. I got the left one great but the right side was way off! I removed the right muffler and hanger brackets. Then I used a deep socket and extention to give me leverage and I bent the two hooks. After reassembly the H pipe clamp was my final adjustment and that fine tuned it. I just took a look at the car in the daylight and I impressed myself, they look better than I remembered! I finished the job last night and I was tired cold and my 46 year old back was finished but today it was worth it!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Excellent...

Yeah, I put a pair of Bullitt axlebacks on my 05 about a month ago or so. The only thing I do not like is the fact that the tips are too low, IMO. Too much gap between the tips and the fascia cutout.....I need to work on it, but I am still trying to get ahold of a stock Bullitt H Pipe for my 05, so, I will wait until then.....

Grats on yours....

Mike

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are kind of low looking but the gap is now even all the way around, pretty much the same distance to the top as the sides. They are no where near as low as the vapor recovery system under the spare tire well so I think they are correct now.

·
Registered
495 Posts
My dealer made a comment at how well my exhaust lined up without anyone messing with it. He said they are having a lot of complaints about Bullitt tip alignment.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I looked at alot of new Bullitts at dealers and more than half had a crooked tailpipe usually the right one. I wasn't surprised but I realized i wasn't going to be able to live with it either. It was worth fixing though I couldn't be happier with the end result.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Mine are straight, but the left does stick out more than the right. It's only a 1/2", maybe 3/4" tops, so it is hard to see. Not near bad enough to make me want to crawl under there with a srt of wrenches - yet...

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Dave and Julie said:
Mine's an early build. Maybe they paid more attention to the first 500.
Mines straight too, so it's the first 2500 they gave a **** about.

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
Palerider said:
Mines straight too, so it's the first 2500 they gave a **** about.
Well mines not. So that blows that out of the water. I don't like it but I've left it alone. I'm not bending on the exhaust. Not yet anyway.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Mine are spot-on, both alignment and 'protrusion' are equal...
Maybe I got lucky...and it was one of the things I checked when I signed for the car - I'm particularly fussy about things like that...

When I had the twin Blue-Flame exhaust put on the Cougar, they had to 'fettle' it three times before I was satisfied...lol

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jeffroe, you dont have to bend any of the pipes. I started out just loosening clamps and it did alot. If that isn't enough you can bend the metal hanger hooks that are welded to the mufflers to fine adjust them.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I just had mine corrected at Phil Long Ford. Luckily the service manager has a DHG 08 Bullitt, so he came out and talked to me before they worked on my car (oil change). He was also kind enough to give me the hero card for our car and told me he would keep his eyes open for any Bullitt information/promo stuff. That's the best experience I've ever had at a Ford dealer.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hero card? Do tell what is this you speak of?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts