Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking a potential Bullitt owner for a ride on Saturday on what I thought was a familiar rode. I came upon on a paved over railroad track going about 80 and if I didn't get the front end off of the ground I came very close. When I came down I hit the cross member under the engine pretty good. Scraped the corner of it up pretty good and bent it a little. Could I have possible down any other damage as a result of this? I have driven the car about 100 mile since then and everything seems ok.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Might not be a bad idea to get the car up on a lift. Check everything out underneath, like the oil pan, trans, exhaust. Most likely there's nothing wrong, but it never hurts to check, just to be safe. Takes a lot to bend that crossmember.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I had my '90LX5.0 completely off the ground once - with three passengers. It felt pretty cool. I landed flat on all fours.

You know, all these photos of Bullitts airborne make you feel like these babies really can fly! I've given it thought a few times.

Next time take your camera!.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
While looking at my car while on a hoist I saw that I scratched the cross member on the right side under the engine, scratched off about 1/4 inch off of the brace under the transmission on the drivers side and scratched the heat shield on the dirvers side exhaust. I will be getting the alignment checked tomorrow. It looks like I was pretty lucky. I will be replacing the brace under the transmission this week.

·
Registered
144 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-21 19:59, Bullitt 2414 wrote:
Taking a potential Bullitt owner for a ride on Saturday on what I thought was a familiar rode. I came upon on a paved over railroad track going about 80 and if I didn't get the front end off of the ground I came very close. When I came down I hit the cross member under the engine pretty good. Scraped the corner of it up pretty good and bent it a little. Could I have possible down any other damage as a result of this? I have driven the car about 100 mile since then and everything seems ok.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
You only took it up to 100 MPH to check it out? Take it up to 150, and if it stays on the road it should be OK! :eek: :eek: :eek:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DHG2404 on 2001-10-22 16:15 ]</font>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts