Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm kinda a a cross road right now with what to do with my bullitt. I have a very low mile (87XX) black bullitt with mods listed in the sig + a catted xpipe,LCA's and bump steer kit waiting to go on when the salt clears off the roads. Now It has been a "show" car for the past 2 years and I'm getting a little board of that scene and want to start using/modding the car more. I feel a bit guilty becasue of how nice\ low miles it is. Being a former fox body owner, I was thinking about selling or trading for a nice notch back mustang and building something fun out of that. My question is what would you guys do honestly in my situation. Do you guys really think these 01's will be worth something in my lifetime? I'm 23 by the way, or do you think I should mod it and have fun with it?
P.s. I cant have two mustangs becasue I have no room for another car.

Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I feel your pain- it's easy for me to say MOD IT AND ENJOY IT!!! - even thou I haven't stepped over the line into real mod land myself- You go first and I'll follow :)

Just make sure to hang on to all the original components so it can be returned to stock for future collectors- History shows a 1 year model limited production car will swing back- it may take 12 years- don't blink that's right around the corner-
I also struggle with the keep or sell for a fox or newer 05+ - but until I really look at them do I say to myself - "What the hell am I thinking??"-

Good luck-

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Mod the ride and enjoy it, it will be a long time, if ever, before these are worth much. A 5582 run of rides makes this car less of a collector car than others. I would supercharge it and then try to wipe the smile away. The more I drove my Bullitt the more I enjoyed the car. The same with the stang I have now, the more I drive it the more I enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Mod it and enjoy it, still gonna be worth something if its tastefully done IMO.....and theres always time to get another one to keep stock in the future :D

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Enjoy it,and maybe find a good Fox body to mod. I still own my 85 LX 5.0 coupe,I bought new,and also enjoy the Bullitt.
Just hang on to all your original parts!
5582 Bullitts isn't really too many,to make it a desirable car to have. Look at how many 1969 Z/28 Camaros were built...22,000 in 1969! I'll bet atleast 5,000 are still around! Plus the 2001 Bullitt was quicker than any stock 1969 Z/28! Even quicker than a Z/28 with headers and 4.56 gear!!!

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Keep it ,mod it, and enjoy it. It is a beautiful car and if you so choose you can show it from time to time in a modded class at a show.
Thats what i do with 1543 and i have all the stock parts packed in boxes and marked.
Most of all DRIVE IT and enjoy it.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Keep it, you know the car where as if you buy another you won't know it's full history or if anything wrong.

It will be about 25 years before they become collectable (when all the other Mustangs of that shape have disappeared from the roads).

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Keep it, drive it, mod it, enjoy it. Your just moving into a different period of ownership with the Bullitt.

BTW, Fox bodies are just starting to come into their own on value. And how old are they?

I'd say you'll be alive to see the Bullitt become valuable, and well if you aren't in twenty years, you better enjoy the years that you have.

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Have fun with your car now.One day a future woman in your life will say sell it and buy diapers with the money

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
chrisW said:
Have fun with your car now.One day a future woman in your life will say sell it and buy diapers with the money

:lol: :lol: :lol: ...an yeah...go drive that CaR :smile:

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
mod it with tasteful mods that keep with teh Bullitt theme

which is something I don't think you'd have a problem with at all :)

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys, after reading this and some thought, I'm pretty sure I'll keep her.:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.