Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone planning a long cruise to a cool place with their bullitt this weekend? If so lets here about your destination eh!

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
I'm headin' out to Seneca, Il where my mom has a piece of land at the old folks Campground. No one camps anymore... They have these "Campgrounds" and you have to buy your land.. then you have to put a trailer there. What ever happened to tents? Now it's all about central air, tri-level decks, satellite tv and Hot showers. Not that I have anything against a hot shower mind you. But I digress.. She needs help unloading a truck load of railroad ties to line the ditch so I'm drivin' out. Miles and miles of perfectly straight, paved roads through the farms.. No highways. No cops. Just the road.. MWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
AARRRGGHHH!!!!!.. It was an ambush!! I get out to Woodsmoke (the campground) and what do I find? Not the truck of railroad ties I was expecting to unload but every car my family owns and a bunch of my friends cars. I got out of the Bullitt walked over and was beset by about a thousand water balloons. Apparently they had a nice little suprise 30th birthday party for me. I never saw it coming. Good times were had by all.. The beer flowed freely and the party was a blast. On the way home today I hit one of the 5 mile straight stretches of farm highway and really opened her up. The Bullitt just loves to cruise @ 140 without so much as a whimper or complaint. This is the most stable car I've ever driven at speed.
Also.. one of my B-day presents was handwritten gift certificate inside a brand new Ford racing catalog.. Now I've just got to decide what to spend my $100 on! :smile:

·
Registered
899 Posts
Happy Birthday! What a great story! Welcome to the other side of the hill...

Rarecat

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BLAKWING HAPPY BELATED!!! Sounds like quite a birthday you had, welcome to the "Over the hill bullitt club.Once again HAPPY BIRTHDAY EH!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Okay I been using my #305 to go to Bullhead city Arizona. I use air conditioner all the way to and from Bullhead city to L.A. I never check the gas milage but I can go from L.A. to Bullhead City without filling up in Barstow and that's with using A/C. Only thing happened on #305 is rear sway-bar came loose and bolts fell off and I had to get two bolt NAPA in Bullhead City. Other then that its been real good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts