Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be taking DHG #621 to two cruises this Saturday, June 2nd:

First in the afternoon: Chucks in Plano at Plano Parkway and Midway Road. www.chuckscruise.com

Then that evening: North Texas Mustang Club Cracker Barrel Old Country Store in Lewisville - 889 Stemmons (I-35E) @ Fox Street. www.ntmc.org

--or maybe vice versa... I haven't decided which one I'm going to first.

Anyway... come on out if you can!!
:bullitt:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What a night! The North Texas Mustang Club cruise is was an absolute blast. When I pulled in with three SPF Cobras from the Texas Cobra Club, they waived me right to the "Front and Center" parking spot! The coordinator told me that my DHG #621 was the first Bullitt any of them had seen in person, and I got the prime parking spot!

What makes the night even more fun was meeting the owner of a DHG '68 Fastback "real" Bullitt clone!! Here is a pic:

Later, the club officers asked me if I would like to participate in the Yellow Rose Classic Southwest All Ford Nationals this August 11 & 12. (for more info, visit http://www.ntmc.org). They want use my car with Steve's '68 Fastback in a "Then and Now" Bullitt display - way cool! :cool:

Oh yea - late in the evening I saw another DHG 2001 Bullitt pull in the lot!! But I never got to meet the owner. Was anybody here at the NTMC Cruise in Lewisville, Texas last Saturday??

DHG #621
D-FW, Texas

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bwcobra15 on 2001-06-04 23:40 ]</font>

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
That Bullitt was me. Wow, that is kinda odd the guys said they had not seen another Bullitt. Im good buds with Forrest, the guy who did the awards with the GT 350 Clone. In fact, we were both at the hot rod deal in downtown Lewisville that day and we had talked about me showing up that night in the Bullitt instead of the merc. Anyhows, I was late that night because I it was my wifes birthday and we went out to dinner, when we got done I came on over. I live off of Valley Ridge, so the Mustang show is right on my door step. Are you going to the Chucks in Lewisville this weekend, I will be at that and the AER deal on Saturday. I will catch up to ya at something soon I am sure, so in the meantime enjoy the ride. I have had mine for over a month and love it.

Bullitt 457
50 Merc
32 Ford

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: merc50 on 2001-06-05 00:23 ]</font>

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice to meet ya Merc!!

I will be at the AER show this Saturday with the Bullitt... I live clear on the other end of Dallas county near the Ellis county line, so Lewisville is about a 40 mile drive for me. I was at the Chuck's cruise in Plano earlier in the day on Saturday, and I didn't care for the crowd much - not NEARLY as friendly as the NTMC bunch.

See ya Saturday at AER!! Looking forward to meeting my first fellow Bullitthead in person.. :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
another GREAT car show show story you guys!
do we really know what we've been given here? i was NOT expecting this kind of fun & attention.
wish i still lived in Dallas right now. lived there from 1980 till 1998. lived off of university & greenville ave. when i moved. a "national" event sounds more and more fun doesn't it?
enjoy you guys and keep us posted

1 - 6 of 6 Posts