Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So earlier this week while driving to work I swerved to avoid someone's pooch and in the process my front passenger side wheel tried to climb a curb... unsuccessfully. I bought a new wheel/tire from the local dealer to replace it, because the original is very scarred. I can still use the original as a spare (marred though it may be). Has anyone ever tried to have a nicked up wheel repaired/smoothed out? And if so, how were the results?

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
Never have. A friend of mine had some Little Red Express Dodge truck wheels restored by a place in California. Don't know how much. So I bet there is hope for your wheel. If you want to invest in that.

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
JD_Bullitt said:
So earlier this week while driving to work I swerved to avoid someone's pooch and in the process my front passenger side wheel tried to climb a curb... unsuccessfully. I bought a new wheel/tire from the local dealer to replace it, because the original is very scarred. I can still use the original as a spare (marred though it may be). Has anyone ever tried to have a nicked up wheel repaired/smoothed out? And if so, how were the results?
And so are chunks of concrete from a curb laying in the middle of the road. I lost an aluminum Shelby wheel to that.

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
I caught a high curb with my 07 GT shortly after I got it. It put a nice deep scrape along the edge. I was told that once you gouge aluminum like that, the rim is pretty much ruined.

·
Registered
98 Posts
JD_Bullitt said:
How much did the new one knock you back if you dont mind telling?

·
Registered
930 Posts
It'd be a hard choice to make - damaged front bumper or curbed wheel...I think the Pooch would buy the farm personally...in fact I'd happily chase it for a while just to make sure...then reverse back over it to be on the safe side...

Man, I hate dogs...

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
JD_Bullitt said:
JD,

I have used this company in the past and all went very well.

Could not tell the wheels were ever bent.

I on a Very Stormy, Rainey Night ran straight over a 4x4 in my lane on the interstate.

Could not miss it as there was traffic in the other lanes.

Bent both front wheels.

Ye OLE Wheel & Welding Shop
6363 Washington Blvd
Elkridge, MD 21075
Phone: (410) 796-8400

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
BB2008 said:
I caught a high curb with my 07 GT shortly after I got it. It put a nice deep scrape along the edge. I was told that once you gouge aluminum like that, the rim is pretty much ruined.
Hi Ken,

They are repaired everyday of the week..........

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tigerhonaker said:
JD,

I have used this company in the past and all went very well.

Could not tell the wheels were ever bent.

I on a Very Stormy, Rainey Night ran straight over a 4x4 in my lane on the interstate.

Could not miss it as there was traffic in the other lanes.

Bent both front wheels.

Ye OLE Wheel & Welding Shop
6363 Washington Blvd
Elkridge, MD 21075
Phone: (410) 796-8400

tigerhonaker

Wow! thanks for the tip, those guys are located less than 20 minutes from me.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
08 Shifter said:
Terry seems to be a wealth of information on damage repair.Kinda makes you wonder about his driving habits:lol:
Wait until COCHESE, aka "Collin"
aka PX, PY, SBJ shows up at my place this coming week.

We shall see My & His driving Habits :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Oh, I-Hope :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LOL,

tigerhonaker

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
40,849 Posts
JD_Bullitt said:
Sorry to hear that, JD. I think you'll have to replace the wheel, though. That was the end result for me, and it sounds like you did a heckuva lot more damage to your wheel than I did mine.

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158331

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
tigerhonaker said:
Hi Ken,

They are repaired everyday of the week..........

tigerhonaker

I guess the dealer just wanted to sell me a new pricey rim. :lol: I never replaced it and traded the car in that way. The damage was cosmetic so I didn't HAVE TO replace it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
JD_Bullitt said:
Lesson learned....hit the dog.

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
40,849 Posts
In my case the wheel had been dropped or something at the factory and the replacement was on them. Lucked out on that one. Did my own "ding" on the other rear wheel, though, and just left it alone. Very minor. If you don't know it's there, you don't see it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.