Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TB 3735 for sale????

just wondering what you guys would consider a good price for my bullitt "as is"...it's not running and i'm 99% sure it's nothing more than a headgasket...most of you know what this car has done to it and i'm just curious what a good asking price would be...i'm just gauging if it would benefit me to get out of it right now as i just don't have the time to mess with it anymore and could sure use the money i'm spending on the monthly towards other things...if you're not sure what the mod list is...check my "Garage" most of it's listed there...thanks

http://www.imboc.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=34

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I would get the car running before trying to sell it. I was thinking about how I would set a price for buying such car with it not running. It is a good car but, but the buyer would be a little nervous about paying the right price for the car in that condition. This is just my opinion and how I would think if I was looking to buy.

·
Registered
6,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if i had the time or money to get it running again i would just keep it because then at least i could justify spending the monthly note...so like i asked...what would be a good price to ask "as-is"...unless you all want to start a "fix my bullitt fund"...yea didn't think so. :razz::

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
OK then, on a more serious note......

If I were a potential buyer I would assume the motor is puked. Head gasket or not once it's opened up you have to figure more will have to be replaced. So, right off the bat I'd take 6000-7000 off the price of a running equal milage car. I wont even get into the fact that it's Blue.... :wink:

That's my opinion. Considering we're seeing cars in the 12-18 range I'm afraid you're better off hanging onto it and fixing it when you can.

·
3,389 Posts
A few things to consider here:
One, it's an American car, so right off the bat, it didn't get all the options the Canadian cars got. (deduct 2K)
Two, engine is toast, regardless only head gasket.. (deduct 7K)
Three , it's blue.....(deduct 8K)
So, bottom line, you pay me 1K and I'll take it off your hands.

.......or just hang on to it and fix it when you can.:smile:

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Considering the going price these days seems to be $14-16,000 for a very clean, running Bullitt and making deductions for a non-functional engine and modifications (I would never buy a modified car)..........$5 to 7,000 is a fairly reasonable starting point.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Unfortunately I agree with them. If the car is not running it automatically loses at least $5K, regardless of the reason. I think that you would be pressed to get more than $8K for it as is. If you are serious about selling it then pay a shop to fix it. In the end you would definitely regain the $5K and probably double. Instead of getting $8K you would get closer to $18K.

·
Premium Member
18,430 Posts
I don't know what your mileage is on the car. I'm thinking that it maybe better to keep it with the mods, repair the engine then sell it. Maybe even backing off the mods and going back stock if you want to sell it (maybe $12-13K). Once the car is gone, sell off the mods from the car to recoup some of your "investment", you know better than I what they are and the value of each items worth). If you don't take the risk to repair the engine, and clean up the car. Someone else is looking at taking the investment risk and IMHO you would be lucky to get over $6K "as-is" for the entire project.:neutral:

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
my two sense... if you still plan on selling, get it diagnosed with the actual repair bill deducted from the asking price.

i just took out a loan against my paid off bullitt to ensure it stays in my hands. Its only money, and the car has always been there for me.

she will always be known as my happy place.

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
bluebullitt3735 said:
Sorry to hear that Russ! But I hope you stay on the boards always fun to have you around besided what would Markus do without you???

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
What would I do? I would get into trouble all by myself. You know, I haven't worn the dunce hat in a while. In fact, I haven't even been slapped on the hand lately by ANY of the mods.

I'll just say that JEFF is the one who is making me do it when I get in trouble!

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Russ what was your feeling watching it leave? I know what mine were, just wondering about yours.

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
MustangMarkus said:
What would I do? I would get into trouble all by myself. You know, I haven't worn the dunce hat in a while. In fact, I haven't even been slapped on the hand lately by ANY of the mods.

I'll just say that JEFF is the one who is making me do it when I get in trouble!
UH-HUH That will go far I'm sure. :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts