Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Well, I've owned several, but it had been about 12 years since my last manual shift vehicle. Kinda had to relearn the finesse of manual shifting for a couple weeks.....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Have owned several in the past, but didn't realize how long it had been (4 years) til I started driving this Green Machine.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Owned several and driven many up to and including the big Spicers behind Cummins and Cats.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Had a mix of STD and AUTOs in the past 27 years. My first STD since 1990. STDs are a blast in the open areas but a pain in the a$$ in traffic, IMHO.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Well, let me say this....I never owned a standard until I traded my 1990 Chev. Cavalier Z-24 in on a new Eclipse. I saw the Eclipse, had to have it...however, the day I went to pick it up and drive it home, I remembered it was a 5 speed....well, I jumped in and drove it home, 45 miles and after that, I guess I was a pro. It was my first ever 5-speed, then I have driven an automatic for the past 5 years in my Dodge Avenger ES, so it's been 5 years for me.

:smile:

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
I learned to drive a stick (back) when I was 26.
I really wish it was the only way they taught drivers ed, cuz it wasn't that easy for me to learn.
Didn't drive a stick again for 12 years.
Bought my husband his '69 which is manual, but a 4 speed. I don't drive his very often...but when I got in the Bullitt...it just all fell together, nice and smooth! What a difference between his '69 without power steering...that's what made it more difficult. Sometimes my butt would come off the seat just trying to turn!
Anyway, it all came back, just like riding a bike!

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
64 Ford Falcon - Auto
82 Honda Accord - Stick
A bunch of different rice burning bikes
95 Nissan Maxima- Auto
96 Nissam Maxima - Stick
67 Chevy Malibu - Auto (and a whole buttload of fun) 454 :wink:
98 Volvo S70 - Auto
01 Bullitt

·
Registered
822 Posts
When I was 7 my grandfather took my out in the middle of one of his pasters about 5 miles from home and told me when I could drive the datson home, I could come home. He got the three wheeler out of the back and took off. I work and drove that poor little thing for about an hour before I finally figured out the clutch and the gear shifting. I have never had an automatic. My mother used to tell me only wimps drive automatics..she is a true sports car enthusist too. So, for me..I would never own a sports car that was not manual. Alas..as with my parents..they are realizing that our luxery cars are nicer if you are not having to shift all the time. So, in the future..after I get my Lamborghini (after Law School)..I might consider an automatic BMW or something as an across the country travel car.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Ive had alot of 3 speeds and 4 speed in my life. Of course as the cars got newer 5 speeds. But I hated the front wheel drives with the cable shift.
The first car my wife drove was a 5 speed.

jjrocks
Blk Bullitt #2754
Jim

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
Every car except three was a manual
(63 Stude Avanti, 74 Charger w/318, 91 Taurus...my foray into familydullsville)
now it's my TB baby and my F350 diesel 4x4, which is quite different throwing that big ol' stick compared to the short throw tri-ax

·
Registered
88 Posts
All my Mustangs have been manuals except my current project 1989 LX coupe ex-patrol car. I converted it to a 5 speed with a World class T-5.
My first mustang was a 19831/2 5spd. GT
My first manual was 1973 Plymouth Roadrunner 400 with pistol grip four speed which was later upgraded to a 440magnum engine. God I miss that car.
Ive owned 5 Mustang GTs and two 5.0 LXs
Don't ask how many cars too many.Chevys Mopars Fords you name if its fast Ive driven at some time. Love fast cars........

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mustang on 2001-11-04 20:42 ]</font>

1 - 15 of 15 Posts