Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found a shop close by that says they can build me a custom cat back installed for around $450 using the Magnaflow or Magnapack mufflers and keeping the awesome Bullitt exhaust tips. What is everyone's thought on this, advantages or disadvantages, versus an aftermarket cat back from Magnaflow or Borla, etc.? I plan on running an aftermarket H also, but haven't decided between cats or off road.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
all they have to do is cut out the old mufflers and weld in new ones. the only way to get the old setup out without cutting the pipes off is to drop the rearend and remove them.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just weld in some magnaflows, you shouldn't see any more gains by the whole catback. If you find a good deal on just welding in the magnaflows then I may go in with you and get some too.
I'm just down the street from you.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm just thinking down the road and the advantage of having 2.5" piping compared to the factory 2.25 when I do forced induction one of these days.

Does anyone have the Magnapack/H-pipe setup? I know chambers sound good with H-pipes, but how do the packs sound?

Black Bullitt #3696 (R.I.P.)
Black Bullitt #3207
Bone Stock

Texas Championship Hare Scramble Series
4 Stroke Intermediate
"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EMA Racing on 2001-08-28 08:23 ]</font>

·
Registered
222 Posts
I PUT ON A SET OF KAR KRAFT SIDE EXHAUST,
HAD TO REMOVE SUBFRAME BARS...THERE A JOKE...
THEY ARE MADE MY BORLA, LOOKS JUST LIKE THE
ONES ON THE 2000R COBRA.
NO SIDE COVERS.
SOUNDS LIKE A 427 COBRA, A LOT OF POWER.
THE ONLY PROBLEM IS, PER KAR KRAFT, BORLA
WILL NOT MAKE KAR KRAFT ANYMORE SIDE EXHAUST.
THE COST BACK IN 1998, FOR MY 98GT,WAS $499.00, WELL WORTH IT.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts