Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

I Owned A '96 GT prior to my Bullitt.

Not wanting to be like everyone else, I designed and built my own exhaust. It is similar in design to the Cobra R and costs a fraction less than a side exhaust kit. The system sounds awesome and helps in the HP Dept. also.

I will get some pics to you if someone will tell me how. It looks great!
BULLITT#837

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2002-01-13 20:18 ]</font>

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are some recent pictures of the side exhaust on my BULLITT. More to come.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Dude that looks awesome!!! That is the look I have been wanting for my car. Could you please give a blow by blow on the installation to maby include some under-car pics? Also if you dont mind me asking, how much did it cost you? Ground clearance issues?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haven't done anything with the bumper yet. I may try a V6 bumper or completely different body design.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Did you have to remove the subframe connectors for the side exhaust?
Also, if you want the inexpensive route, they now sell little semi-circular plugs for the cutouts in our bumpers specially made for those who went to side exhaust.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Damn, that looks tough!! I have all the same ?'s as black sunshine, that really looks sweet!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the feedback, yes i did remove those weak subframe connectors, i am making my own to work with the side exhaust. As far as the cost, i dont really know because i made it myself. I am thinking of selling the system as a do it yourself install kit, various tip styles would be avail. This is work in progress. New pics and sound comming soon!. More info soon to follow!.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT#837 on 2002-01-16 17:51 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT#837 on 2002-01-16 17:58 ]</font>

·
Registered
147 Posts
Quick couple of questions.....Are the tips galvanized or polished, it's a bit hard to tell in the pic, and is the system mandrel bent? Looks great and is the perfect retro addition to the car!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The system currently is not mandrel bent. The tips are top quality chrome plated, not like you would find at a auto parts store. I am about to try several different styles to see which is the best looking. Styles include thin flat black(Z28/Corvette) and also brushed aluminum round. I went with this style because of the awsome look of the COBRA "R". Just picked up a top quality digital camera, going to try sound clips. This is only the second time i have done this particular system.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I am sorry But might I add thats is mean looking I love it what Hp gain did you get.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I'm going to leave mine stock, but just for the record: That is bad a$$!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts