Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!!
Great site...and yup I am the proud owner of an 08 BULLITT.. and now the question....

Since the factory ECM can accomodate both 87 and 93...with 93 providing the most excitement...what happens if a custom tune is applied? Do you lose the flexibility of using 87 or what? Yep, I am aware that any real performance tune requires 93 but within the context of this "option". In other words, how does this work?
tx,
gs

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RCSignals said:
Yes you lose the option.
I'm not yet convinced there is much advantage to a different tune. I'd wait.

I have seen a dyno tune that
tracks a/f ratio...and it seems to drop to 10 to one under full throttle...seems Ford left a little on the table here...

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
RCSignals said:
Yes you lose the option.
I'm not yet convinced there is much advantage to a different tune. I'd wait.
Well you get much quicker throttle response with a tune. Since I've got custom tunes and you don't- you really don't have much experience to go by.
The difference is quite noticable.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
gscott said:
I have seen a dyno tune that
tracks a/f ratio...and it seems to drop to 10 to one under full throttle...seems Ford left a little on the table here...
According to tuners I trust, there isn't much. Ford has done a good job on this for a factory tune.

At this point any tune you get, unless it is your car on the dyno, will be generic for a GT Mustang.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
You're not going to get much more out of the 4.6 from a tune. At best 10hp.
What you ARE going to get is throttle response!
Until you FEEL it you really just don't realize how poor the stock throttle response is.
Yes the car left stock is still fun to drive. But once you feel the response from a tune snap you back in your seat you'll think you're driving a different car.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I'm wondering if a very knowledgeable tuner could go in and alter the tables on the stock tune?By doing so keeping the ability to run either/Or fuel.Surely it could be done.Right?

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
this guy should be able to tell you something:

[email protected]

RICKS QUALIFICATIONS

* Engineering degree from Loyola University
*Master Electrician
* 35 technical, mechanical, diagnostic, software and programming certifications
* certified instrument calibrator
* member Society of Automotive Engineers
*30 years experience of mechanics and restoration of Mustangs and Ford vehicles
*Has been racing Mustangs and Fords for 30 years
*Has been tuning performance cars with Autologic, Superchip since 1998 and Diablosport and SCT live tuning software when they became available
*Datalogs over 30 parameters when dyno tuning
uses 2 AF meters
custom programs developed with live tuning software
uses load bearing edy current Mustang Dyno to simulate proper load on vehicle when tuning
*NMRA race circuit as a vendor for 2003, 2004 and 2005
*Amazon Racing was the title sponser for the NMRA 03 Cobra Shootout
*Rick has been featured in numerous national Mustang magazines for products we have developed and his tuning experience and knowledge specializing with the 03 /04 Cobra

At Amazon Racing whether you mail order a tune or have your car tuned on our in house state of the art Mustang Dyno it will be hard to find anyone with more experience tuning 03 / 04 Cobras, Mustangs and Ford Vehicles than our master tuner, Rick. You can count on his engineering background and 30 years of technical ,mechanical and programming experience to provide a safe, powerful tune. Rick datalogs many parameters to be able to immediately pin point any issues with the car. He tunes and adjust parameters all through the rpm band and not just at WOT making for better drivablility. Our Mustang Dyno simulates real time driving by loading the true weight of the vehicle. This is a feature that you only get with a edy current dyno.

www.amazonracing.com

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Thanks for that info.I have been wondering my question for quite some time and I think I will shoot him an e-mail and see.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
08 Shifter said:
Thanks for that info.I have been wondering my question for quite some time and I think I will shoot him an e-mail and see.
The answer will be interesting. Don't be surprised if, despite his credentials, he doesn't know the car or the dual octane tune.
Lets hope he does.

Interesting he uses a Mustang Dyno, which many believe is not the best.

Yes I can be skeptical

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
To the OP and his question.

You might want to read what (Whammer) wrote in his Thread on Bamatune that he has installed in his Bullitt.

This Link:

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158153

Also you might want to check out (Brenspeed Tune) @ http://www.brenspeed.com/customers/index.html

Note:

Call Brenspeed and talk with them. They are very friendly and easy to talk with.
I do not have my notes here as to the name of the person I spoke with. But he said he is usually the one that answers the phone and talks to customers. Very Sharp guy.

Mark said the guys name is "Seth".

Terry

1 - 16 of 16 Posts