Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We lost a piece of history today when the famous tea clipper ship "The Cutty Sark" was destroyed by a fire.

You can't normally drive near it but when I was going mad trying to get my car
in all the tourist attractions in London for you guys I took these pics.

PS. It was being resored so the masts and rigging were removed at the time and have been saved

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fire is suspicious

Mr.BULLITT said:
Was it an intention arsen fire? Or an accident?
A fire which swept through the famous 19th Century ship, Cutty Sark may have been started deliberately, police say. The vessel, which was undergoing a £25m restoration, is kept in a dry dock at Greenwich in south-east London.
Police are analysing CCTV images which are thought to show people in the area shortly before the fire started.
A Cutty Sark Trust spokesman said much of the ship had been removed for restoration and the damage could have been much worse. <!-- E SF -->
Half the planking and the masts had been taken away as part of the project.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Geez. I wonder if they are going to keep trying to restore it. And wth is wrong with people? Why go torch something for no reason.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
Geez. I wonder if they are going to keep trying to restore it. And wth is wrong with people? Why go torch something for no reason.
They're having fun! Just ask 'em. I think that they need to work to pay back everything that they destroy/steal (ie. Kevins' Bullitt). Chain gang comes to mind. How about a buck an hour, till the entire bill is paid back. That would be fair. And as for something a precious as the Cutty Sark. Well, they would have to do the work by hand, the same way it was originally built. Just have to catch the Bas*ards now.

Makes me sad what people do for lack of being constructive.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I seen in the paper they are going to continue the restoration-I remember building the Revell model kit like 25 yrs ago-they still make it!

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I'm glad they continuing the resto.:smile: I think I have visited that ship everytime I have gone to the U.K. That's like five times in my life...:surprised: It didn't seem like that many till I actually counted. We are planning to visit Scotland next year for our 20th. I wonder if it will be finished by Oct of 08? Probably ought to go 6 for 6 if I can. Right?

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Truly sad History that can't be replaced, I also read they are going to continue with the restoration.... I too bought built the model of the Cutty Sark, many years ago....

Was't she involved in some record setting race that has never been broken by a sailing ship???

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
If I ever get cahnce to visit England, I would want see see Bob, Cutty Sark and the HMS Victory

1 - 10 of 10 Posts